[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ironic, your observation on the movies.

In the end, she might have had a better vision about what to do than most of us thought ~ because of those movies, it is The Wiz that has lasted, gained legs and more legs year after year, and looks primed for regular repeats for eons to come.

I agree with you; she travels when and where she wants and picks and chooses; which is as it should be. But only she would know why.

She also seems to do a rather regular circuit touring circuit around the country ~ perhaps guided by friends, relatives and the climate!

it's also interesting because she is worth a quarter to a third of a billion dollars so she is not working for the money out of any need, yet, she's got another 20 dates set for feb, a return to Vegas in April and that's a lot of work for a broad her age. She must really love doing her show, the money, or both.

My partner and I don't see her as often as we used to since her show is etched in cement, but are driving 5 hours for both Nashville shows as they have said she has changed her set list. Oddly, it was also a 5 hour drive to see Mary in Branson.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    it's also interesting because she is worth a quarter to a third of a billion dollars so she is not working for the money out of any need, yet, she's got another 20 dates set for feb, a return to Vegas in April and that's a lot of work for a broad her age. She must really love doing her show, the money, or both.

My partner and I don't see her as often as we used to since her show is etched in cement, but are driving 5 hours for both Nashville shows as they have said she has changed her set list. Oddly, it was also a 5 hour drive to see Mary in Branson.

...and to think, I thought this was a Lionel Richie thread! the nerve huh? LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    ...and to think, I thought this was a Lionel Richie thread! the nerve huh? LOL!!!!
    Thread: Lionel Richie Hoping For Glastonbury Comeback With Diana Ross

The thread, as listed above is about Lionel Ritchie & diana Ross and why she repeatedly turns down this high paying/high profile annual event. LOL!!!

It's amazing how much interest there is in this kind of thread.

I think that while there may be less interest amongst the SD crowd in Lionel Richie, I think the truth is that because his peak was 20 years later, his material sells better than most of his Motown colleagues and he generally is more popular - just not with us.

Lionel should be very well heeled because he has a lot of publishing credits too. But some of those songs sure are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

I think that while there may be less interest amongst the SD crowd in Lionel Richie, I think the truth is that because his peak was 20 years later, his material sells better than most of his Motown colleagues and he generally is more popular - just not with us.

Lionel should be very well heeled because he has a lot of publishing credits too. But some of those songs sure are boring.

I could care less. Lionel Richie's music lost it's appeal with me with "Dancing on the Ceiling" back in 1986 nearly 30 years ago!

Mr Lionell Ritchie is selling out stadiums in Europe so theres a real big interest in him.

fondly,

Roberta

I don't claim to know Lionel Richie well but i have briefly met him on the odd occasion and he once said that he did not deserve to be spoken about in the same breath as Stevie and Marvin. He always came across as a very decent human being. He knows where his target audience is - the pop fans not the soul fans. He can still sell our arenas all over Europe and he is still doing what he loves. Why criticise this? If you don't like him then fair enough but he is a musical legend whether you care to admit it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I don't claim to know Lionel Richie well but i have briefly met him on the odd occasion and he once said that he did not deserve to be spoken about in the same breath as Stevie and Marvin. He always came across as a very decent human being. He knows where his target audience is - the pop fans not the soul fans. He can still sell our arenas all over Europe and he is still doing what he loves. Why criticise this? If you don't like him then fair enough but he is a musical legend whether you care to admit it or not.
    I totally agree gree with you dear Bluebrock. Why criticize any of our legends. If you dont like someone then dont trash them just ignore them. Why spend negative energy on folks you dont care for. Let them go and dont let them eat you up inside. I never understand the hate that people cry around for folks they dont even know. Such a waste of previous time.

have a lovely weekend dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I totally agree gree with you dear Bluebrock. Why criticize any of our legends. If you dont like someone then dont trash them just ignore them. Why spend negative energy on folks you dont care for. Let them go and dont let them eat you up inside. I never understand the hate that people cry around for folks they dont even know. Such a waste of previous time.

have a lovely weekend dear.

Fondly,

Roberta
    You both are right. People that are mean mouthed have happiness issues and beat up on others because it is all they were taught.

Lionel does appeal to a younger more pop oriented crowd but he is very popular.

You both are right. People that are mean mouthed have happiness issues and beat up on others because it is all they were taught.

Lionel does appeal to a younger more pop oriented crowd but he is very popular.
    At last a voice of reason! Lionel has just added extra dates to his 2016 UK tour due to strong demand. He sure knows how to entertain a crowd which is why he can still sell out 12,000 capacity arenas for several nights. He must be doing something right and he has my utmost respect both professionally and personally. Go Lionel!

Didn't Lionel have a #1 album just a few years ago?

Skooldem....might you be thinking of 'The Definitive Collection' - ?

If so, the album did well on the UK album chart in 2003 [[ top 10, maybe # 1?).

'The Definitive Collection' had achieved sales of 3 x Platinum [[965,000 units ; British Phonographic Industry/ BPI album certification) by January this year.

It then hit # 1 in July, after his appearance here in the UK, at Glastonbury.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Didn't Lionel have a #1 album just a few years ago?
    Yes he did. "tuskegee"was a no.1 album on the Billboard chart in 2012. Enough said.

Lionel definitely knows his audience...lol no one was arguing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes he did. "tuskegee"was a no.1 album on the Billboard chart in 2012. Enough said.
    He's obviously in a class above the older crowd !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGIX31ammc

Lionel Richie & Trijntje Oosterhuis - Face in the Crowd [[live Symphonica in Rosso 2008)