[REMOVE ADS]

Lowell Appreciation Thread

Well gang, I think it is high time we pay homage to the brains of Soulful Detroit. Soulful Detroit was Lowell's baby before I blundered onto the scene. He started it and he still runs it. The bills get paid and the ship stays afloat.
    But there is more to the guy than just someone with a vision of Detroit's contribution to the music business. An extremely successful artist[[check out his website listed on the face page of Soulful Detroit) an avid handball player, a former Peace Corp volunteer teaching in Africa in the late sixties and early seventies, and simply an all round interesting guy.

Lowell and I get together every couple of months for breakfast where we discuss forum business for a few minutes but mostly just two friends getting together to catch up on life and enjoy our visits.

So here is to Lowell Boileau. Without him, we wouldn't be here today. Well Done, old pal
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by ralpht; 12-10-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Lowell, thank you very much for creating this space, this experience that so many have enjoyed around the country and the World. I appreciate everything that you do for us here at Soulful Detroit. All the best to you now and into the future.

Regards,

Marv

Many, many thanks Lowell. I continue to love and value this site.

Many thanks Lowell, for all you have created, and which you continue to maintain.

If you'd care to share your birth date [[the actual year is not required LOL), we could make this an annual event, which I think is well-deserved.

I'm signed in for most of my day, every day. I'm only just one of over 2000 members, so that does not sound much - but it means such a lot to me.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 12-08-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Thank you Lowell for not giving up on all of us! I've been here over 10 years and I sometimes take it forgranted but it's a very positive part of my day to day life. Thank you so much!

Great idea Ralph. I do take this site for granted. it adds to the fullness of my life and offers an opportunity to celebrate the Motown legacy. When i was a kid in Detroit, the sound penetrated the neighbood and gave us so many great memories. This site allows me to relive those memories.

Hey Lowell,i also want to Thank You soooooo much for puttin' this great site together,it is so much fun to inter-act with people here,for the most part,we love music,that's why we come here,to discuss the music and the artist that we love[[or like)i have learn a few thing,coming to this site,and i'm sure i have givin' out some good info too,having good conversations,that's what it's all about,again Thanks Lowell for giving us a place to come,and Enjoy. p.s Thank You also Ralph,for keepin it together,you guys are The Best.

Thank you all for the kind remarks. I don't mind being a rarely-seen 'janitor' keeping the lights on the and the furnace running because of what you with Ralph's steady hand over all these years have created is simply amazing. What a great collection of Detroit music history and beyond you have amassed. Even better you have formed an international family united around the fabulous sounds and words that have risen from our great American-Canadian international metropolis. As a Detroiter, I am impressed and humbled. So, please, you take a bow too.

You're very gracious Lowell, but just because you're 'behind the scenes' doesn't mean that you should go unappreciated. Thank you for keeping that furnace burning!

Thanks Lowell and Ralph

edafan

Lowell and I go for woods walks every so often. Thanks to Lowell and Ralph for all they do for this site.

Hey lowell,you da man and i am eternally greatful to you and ralph for this worldclass site i can't speak for the others but if not for this cool place the internet would be very boring for me,long live -lowell-ralph-sdf...always and forever!!!

I agree with what everyone else has said. I don't post much anymore, but I'm here looking in daily, and I want to thank Lowell for keeping both this place and Detroit Yes going strong for these many years. The two sites compliment each other in so many ways.

Hey lowell,where can i get one of those cool hats?

I thank Lowell for maintaining a website which has affected so many people in a positive way.

A lot of artists got some much needed attention, support & even gigs & appearances due to discussions which we've had here on SDF. An artist had a head stone because of the efforts of SDF & the Webzine has been referenced by music sites & articles all over the internet.

A lot of people met & became friends because of Soulful Detroit, a lot of old friends & artists became reacquainted because of SDF & at least one marriage came to be because of SDF.

I look at Facebook & see how many forumers have ventured out & have internet radio shows, are involved with music organizations & personally speaking, I can't have anything less than gratitude, love & appreciation at how SDF has affected my life.

Near the end of 2003, I stumbled across a forum while trying to learn more about something called Northern Soul & found a forum filled with people that had the most ridiculous knowledge about music & many artists whom I'd always wanted to know more about.

Most know what happened from there & I have to say that SDF is directly responsible for the most thrilling ride of my life, as well as meeting and/or becoming friends with many of my childhood idols.

That couldn't & wouldn't have happened without SDF, if only because I'd never planned on such a thing happening & never conceived of such a thing.

I only hope that everyone appreciates what Lowell has set up for us here & if I ever hit the lottery, you can be sure that I'd be more than happy to send SDF a nice chunk of change that would keep us running for years. How can you hope to thank a forum that's changed your life in so many ways that money can't buy?

I have nothing but wonderful thoughts, good memories & the highest of regard for SDF & I always will.

Thank you Lowell for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    I thank Lowell for maintaining a website which has affected so many people in a positive way.

A lot of artists got some much needed attention, support & even gigs & appearances due to discussions which we've had here on SDF. An artist had a head stone because of the efforts of SDF & the Webzine has been referenced by music sites & articles all over the internet.

A lot of people met & became friends because of Soulful Detroit, a lot of old friends & artists became reacquainted because of SDF & at least one marriage came to be because of SDF.

I look at Facebook & see how many forumers have ventured out & have internet radio shows, are involved with music organizations & personally speaking, I can't have anything less than gratitude, love & appreciation at how SDF has affected my life.

Near the end of 2003, I stumbled across a forum while trying to learn more about something called Northern Soul & found a forum filled with people that had the most ridiculous knowledge about music & many artists whom I'd always wanted to know more about.

Most know what happened from there & I have to say that SDF is directly responsible for the most thrilling ride of my life, as well as meeting and/or becoming friends with many of my childhood idols.

That couldn't & wouldn't have happened without SDF, if only because I'd never planned on such a thing happening & never conceived of such a thing.

I only hope that everyone appreciates what Lowell has set up for us here & if I ever hit the lottery, you can be sure that I'd be more than happy to send SDF a nice chunk of change that would keep us running for years. How can you hope to thank a forum that's changed your life in so many ways that money can't buy?

I have nothing but wonderful thoughts, good memories & the highest of regard for SDF & I always will.

Thank you Lowell for everything.
    I agree.

edafan

So I'm late to the party.

Juice and I both go way back to the early days, and have survived our fair share of flame wars. Through it all, Lowell has hung in there, and in bringing Ralph on board he went a long was to insuring the survival of SDF.

The board has outgrown me by a long shot, but I still look in and marvel at the care and dedication that the posters have towards it. Thank you, Lowell for starting this wonderful thing.

Much props to Lowell for this site...