[REMOVE ADS]

Trailer: JANIS: LITTLE GIRL BLUE [[2015) - Janis Joplin Documentary

Written & directed by Amy J. Berg

http://youtu.be/-oRLyBgz8W0
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 12-06-2015 at 09:52 PM.

I was a big Janis fan and saw her three times in concert. This photo was taken October 4, 1969 [[exactly one year before she died) at the San Diego Sports Arena. It was taken by a then friend of mine. She performed with her Kozmic Blues band. I would see Janis once more on 7/11/70. Janis performed that time with her new Full Tilt Boogies band.
    Attachment 10844

[[S_S, you lucky guy seeing Janis perform multiple times! Must have been just great.)

She was a force, no doubt about it. At the 10/4/69 concert [[photo) she appeared very sober and coherent and put on a great show. At the 7/11/70 concert she was way toasted. My friend and I were able to talk to her very briefly before the show when she spontaneously stepped from behind the curtain next to the stage to talk to fans who had congregated there. She was obviously intoxicated but very sweet to all of us. Very quickly someone came to lead her backstage. Although she was obviously high, again she put on a great show.

Wonderful memories, S_S. And wonderful to read. Thanks very much for posting.