[REMOVE ADS]

Hamilton, Joe Franks & Reynolds

Soft rockers but they had a couple of songs that I like very much and for some reason they were never released on CD. My favorite by them is "Winners & Loosers" and "Falling In Love" is right there also. Why wouldn't two popular songs such as these not be released?

I agree Mr. June, both great songs. They were released on the Playboy label in 1975 which is probably why they weren't included on their greatest hits collection from MCA which included Don't Pull Your Love. Two different labels- ABC, Playboy.

http://www.amazon.com/Billboard-Top-...2373648&sr=1-1

Good News! You can find Fallin in Love here. However I cant find Winners and Losers anywhere on CD. These guys reminded me a little bit of an easy listening Grass Roots my mom loved the,m. I never did get their album that had the flower on it is it any good?
    Steph

Here are they are live audio only!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycs8GQfVpsM

Really liked this group, boy "Winners and Losers" is hard to find and rarely on the radio. Jut pulled it up on Youtube. Great tune! Fallin' in Love is my favorite of their's.

And some may not know... Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds is their "second" incarnation... originally, they were this group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP1dYj2hGss

I think Collectors Choice issued a CD of the Playboy material...I saw it in one of the YouTube videos.

By the time "Fallin' In Love" came out, Tommy Reynolds had left the group and Alan Dennison replaced him. They still issued music for a time as Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds, but eventually acquiesced and the group became Hamilton, Joe Frank & Dennison for a couple of singles.

Best,

Mark

Jill I didnt know this thanks for posting that! I remember seeing Hamilton Joe Frank and Dennison when I came home from school on Mike Douglas or Merv Griffin and then I heard nothing more from them. I liked the look of the Playboy label though.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Soft rockers but they had a couple of songs that I like very much and for some reason they were never released on CD. My favorite by them is "Winners & Loosers" and "Falling In Love" is right there also. Why wouldn't two popular songs such as these not be released?
    Are you kidding? "Falling In Love" has been reissued like crazy since the early 90s on CD! However, "Winners And Losers" is only on CD as remixed. What is on CD sounds quite good, but is just not the actual hit mix from 1975.

I was only able to get a 45 RPM of "Winners & Loosers" to burn on a cd. The mix on the 45 is off though as at the songs end the two piano tracks are not mixed evenly as they are on one of those You tube videos. I had the feeling they were too low and the video proved it. I was sorry and saddened to hear that the lead singer is no longer with us. He was a good singer.

Hamilton Joe Frank & Reynolds recorded the original version of Ain't No Woman Like The One I Got [[The Four Tops) in 1972. It was written by Lambert/Potter who wrote Don't Pull Your Love:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUJXwF92ho

Just listened to their version of "Ain't No Woman"...man, what a difference!

Best,

Mark