[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wow, even with the smiley you took my comment as an insult. I simply also shared info with Jim - as did you, and said that you were right and joked about it.

All I did was confirm that you were right. Geeesh !! Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Wow, even with the smiley you took my comment as an insult. I simply also shared info with Jim - as did you, and said that you were right and joked about it.

All I did was confirm that you were right. Geeesh !! Unbelievable.
    I missed the smiley.....sorry. LOL!

Okay .............

i'v have that show on video,and Gladys Knight and The Pips are not on it,i know other people have that same show,on video,and Gladys Knight and The Pips are not on it,come on guys,you know how Motown loved foolin' the public,and i have that album too,Motown At The Hollywood Palace,but my video tells another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    The only tidbit I can add to this thread is that in early 1967, The Supremes were appearing in the Philadelphia area and Diana Ross was interviewed backstage in the dressing room of the venue, and the interview was then shown on The Hy Lit Show--a local Saturday night dance program. I don't remember all that Ross said but I do recall she had immense praise for Gladys Knight & the Pips, who were The Supremes' opening act. I clearly remember her saying that GK/Ps were a 'fantastic group', had recently signed with Motown, and that they were 'going to be very big'. So, I had been very interested to hear what Gladys now had to say regarding 'the end of the road' of that '67 Supremes/Pips coupling.
    I have an old ROCK AND ROLL SONGS magazine from 1967 and in it, Diana names Gladys and the Pips as one of her favorite acts. Diana also mentioned how much she admired Gladys' talent in her book SECRETS OF A SPARROW.

It is nice to hear that they've made amends in their mature years.

Witty!

This made me laugh

When I saw parts of the American Music Awards, it really brought home to me a bunch of old farts getting off over a 71 year old hippy assed woman making the dance club chart for her first chart entry and another bunch of old farts getting off over another 71 year old who was once widely regarded as the most successful female vocalist of all time and how much this all hurts!

Why are you so mad,that Mary Wilson is in the spot light,with a dance hit,and on the Billboard dance chart,yes she is 71,and the person that you love,Diana is also 71,i'm Super happy for Mary's success,you need to Stop In The Name Of Love lol smh,remember it's Time To Move On,stop bein' such a hater

F
    Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Why are you so mad,that Mary Wilson is in the spot light,with a dance hit,and on the Billboard dance chart,yes she is 71,and the person that you love,Diana is also 71,i'm Super happy for Mary's success,you need to Stop In The Name Of Love lol smh,remember it's Time To Move On,stop bein' such a hater
    I think it's great too for both of them!

You need to grab a sense of humour and laugh about a bunch of old dudes and gals, mostly in need of an exercise program or hip replacements fretting over 71 year old grandmothers who actually might get off over their young feeling fans!

Laugh, it'll do ya no harm as Sly Stone once said!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    F

I think it's great too for both of them!

You need to grab a sense of humour and laugh about a bunch of old dudes and gals, mostly in need of an exercise program or hip replacements fretting over 71 year old grandmothers who actually might get off over their young feeling fans!

Laugh, it'll do ya no harm as Sly Stone once said!
    Take a clue from Redhot and learn......it's Time To Move On! LOL!!! Go Mary, get busy, it's ya burthday ! LOL!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 11-30-2015 at 02:42 AM.

My bad,you're right jobeterob lol, you were just kidding lol,it's Time To Move On,on the real. ,Have a Happy 2016 Jobeterob,Mary Mary Mary Mary.

I'm happy for the current chart success of Mary Wilson and Diana Ross..we Have To Grow Up!..Happy Holidays..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    I'm happy for the current chart success of Mary Wilson and Diana Ross..we Have To Grow Up!..Happy Holidays..
    I love all three of these ladies and whilst I understand that people have a right to prefer one over the others I do not understand the sniping. I think it is wonderful that these three legends continue to entertain us after all these years. They all appear to be happy and content and that is how it should be. They will not be around forever so let's appreciate them whilst we can instead of being unpleasant and negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    And happy also for Gladys but yeah I agree, guys, GROW UP. Y'all are WAY TOO OLD to be bickering like kids just because people don't share the same sentiments you do in continuing to pit Supreme after Supreme after another Motown legend all because you think Queen Diva is getting unfair treatment here [[don't even make me laugh about that, if the negativity around Ross affects y'all that much, ignore the comments, oh but I forget, y'all can't do that because you're on some kind of "mission"). STOP IT. That's why some of y'all are on ignore until y'all can calm down!

Like Gladys, Mary and Diana all said, GROW UP.

ANYWAYS, thanks for posting it a second time but honestly the first thread had none of this unnecessary drama.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    My bad,you're right jobeterob lol, you were just kidding lol,it's Time To Move On,on the real. ,Have a Happy 2016 Jobeterob,Mary Mary Mary Mary.
    I know you have a good heart RedHot; you've been here a long time and you try to be kind even when it's hard.

My point was when watching the American Music Awards and seeing the reactions to One Direction and those other new bands, I couldn't help but see us ~ sagging here and there, bobbing and weaving, doing our own version of what the 14 year olds do ~ for a group of 70 year old entertainers [[not just Diana & Mary), most of whom have had their nips and tucks and stretches [[um, Smokey?) and who stretch like heck to reach the high notes [[um, Martha).

And it is kind of funny! But at least some of them are still out there trying ~ and hitting the odd chart.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I know you have a good heart RedHot; you've been here a long time and you try to be kind even when it's hard.

My point was when watching the American Music Awards and seeing the reactions to One Direction and those other new bands, I couldn't help but see us ~ sagging here and there, bobbing and weaving, doing our own version of what the 14 year olds do ~ for a group of 70 year old entertainers [[not just Diana & Mary), most of whom have had their nips and tucks and stretches [[um, Smokey?) and who stretch like heck to reach the high notes [[um, Martha).

And it is kind of funny! But at least some of them are still out there trying ~ and hitting the odd chart.

"It's Time to Move On!" - Mary Wilson 2015