[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson background vocals

As a solo, post the Supremes did Mary do any background vocals besides for Scherrie and Paul Jabra? I know there is the Dionne recording too but was that a duet?

Luke,i'm a big Mary Wilson fan,i heard about the song she recorded with Dionne Warwick,but i'v never heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    As a solo, post the Supremes did Mary do any background vocals besides for Scherrie and Paul Jabra? I know there is the Dionne recording too but was that a duet?
    That was a duet. I heard it on a tape years ago. I think it was recorded in Brasil.

She sang "Come See About Me" with Neil Sedaka back in the 80s on one of his albums.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She sang "Come See About Me" with Neil Sedaka back in the 80s on one of his albums.
    That's it.....I've been trying to think of that one for the past hour.

Did you also know that Mary sang the jingles for two national commercials? One for Tuscan Supreme Ice Cream and the other for Colgate toothpaste in the late 90s.

There are previous threads on here, detailing backgronud vocals by the Supremes, group and solo.

Hi Luke:
    i bel Mary did do background for Scherrie. For the life of me I cannot remember who what why when or where LOL

Wasn't it One Night Only from the 8os with Cindy and maybe Edna Wright? I forgot about the ice cream and Sedaka and didn't know about Colgate. Thanks

Wasn't it One Night Only from the 8os with Cindy and maybe Edna Wright? I forgot about the ice cream and Sedaka and didn't know about Colgate. Thanks
    Oh yeah they use to show the Colgate commercial in NY all time in 96-97. She also was the voice of the "Buckle Up" PSA in NYC taxicabs for a year. Whenever you were getting in or out you heard Mary Wilson reminding you to buckle up and to check for belongings before exiting LOL! They used celebrities for that.

Oh yea I remember that taxi PSA now. I think Im wrong I think Mary backed up Scherrie on I'm not in love.

Oh yea I remember that taxi PSA now. I think Im wrong I think Mary backed up Scherrie on I'm not in love.
    You know what? If you want a REAL long thread, then list and discuss all of the singers that backed Mary Wilson up since 1977! LOL!!!!