[REMOVE ADS]

Rest in perfection Cynthia Robinson. January 12, 1946-November 23, 2015

We will miss you immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    We will miss you immensely.
    Absolutely. Wasn't she playing with the Family Stone just this year?
    She'd a great stage presence, played a mean trumpet and was the member behind the shout-outs and ad libs in Sly's group.

She was a big part of a "sound revolution". I loved her work with the Family Stone. Farewell Cynthia, rest in peace and thank you lady.

Wow. Shocked about this. Rest in funk, Cynthia.

"GET DOWN AND DANCE TO THE MUSIC!" *dancing*

Who could ever forget Cynthia's call for all of us to get up and dance to the music......

Rest in peace beautiful sister.

Da da da , Da da da da, Da da daaaa !!!

I was very upset when I heard the news this Tuesday morning. Found this link earlier yesterday as well. http://www.thedailybeast.com/.../farewell-cynthia... I'm so glad I got to meet her last year after a Family Stone concert. She was very nice and she's very fan friendly. I put the below message on another page that was celebrating her.

I was stunned and saddened to learn of the death of Sly and the Family Stone co-founding member Cynthia Robinson this past Monday at age 69. The cause of death was cancer. She co-founded the group with Sylvester Stewart [[Sly Stone) in 1967. Cynthia was the first African-American and female trumpeter in a majorAmerican band, and the first such player in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Some of the groups signature classic hits include “Dance to the Music”, “Sing a Simple Song”, “Hot Fun in the Summertime”, “Everyday People”, “Stand!”, and “I Want to Take You Higher.” Rest in Peace Cynthia.

Last edited by RTA6226; 11-26-2015 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Saw a typo

Wow! How sad this is; and how nice of a band member to let her stay at their home while they nursed her!!

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article46631655.html

I didn't know Cynthia and Sly had a daughter together until this week after all these years.
    Anyway, along with all of her work in The Family Stone us funkaholics really got a kick
    outta her playing on Funkadelic's Electric Spanking Of War Babies release. Of course Sly
    was there too. She kills it on the tracks Funk Gets Stonger part 1 & 2. RIP, Cynthia..

R.I.P. Cynthia, thanks for the music.

S. S.