Pull out your old albums, Greatest Hits, Complete Motown Singles or even Lost & Founds & Cellarful of Motowns, people!

One of those things, especially apparent in the Golden times of pre-themed albums, they're half fillered up with "covers", whether the day's hits, or this thread's case Motown covers! It's like every song was sung by anybody and everybody! Such as finding Supremes singin' "I Can't Help Myself [[Sugarpie Honeybunch)" on Supremes A Go-Go, the Temptations singin' "You've Really Got A Hold On Me" on the Temptations Sings Smokey, and, who hasn't sung "My Girl", really?

Other times, other uses of instances might prove to be more practically successful, such as Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" or Diana Ross' "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". And even other times of uses can even be pleasantly surprising, or just plain surprising, such as Bonnie Pointer discofying the Elgins "Heaven Must Have Sent You", or Boyz II Men sending GC Cameron's "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday" to a brand new generation.

Let's discuss, or / and list some good ole' favorites of "Motown singing Motown", shall we?

- Marvin Gaye, "Forever" - originally the Marvelettes - from "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" [[1965). Yeah, yeah, am well aware of the nature of the song, any way you slice it, or sing it - primarily, "willing to be a slave, for love, if that's what it takes". The Marvelettes' 1963 composition, however, might be more of a "guilty pleasure" of sinful, desperate depths, when sung by females, but Marvin's - somehow, even when sung even more pleadingly more pitiable - tells the tale of a boy, whose down on his knees, really means it, to get that girl, whatever it takes.