[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson's new CD - impossible to find!

So Mary maybe doing well on the Billboard dance chart but where is the actual song to buy?

I know it's available to download but what about the limited edition CD & red vinyl?

This is featured on her website - but no option to buy.

No other on-line retailer seems to have it in stock.

Amoeboa in Los Angeles had it in this week when Mary appeared there but it wasn't available to buy on their website and still isn't
    [[ I e mailed them prior to to signing and they said it would be on the website and now they have updated to say they weren't provided any)

I've tweeted Mary,left a message on her facebook,messaged Sweet Feet Music and no reply.

Jeez- do you guys not want anyone to buy this product- it's impossible.

And if it's not available to buy take the damn thing off your website Mary!

I bought the remixes but for download on Amazon.

It's hard for older fans but this is the way all this is going in general

It probably has a lot to do with keeping the cost down

I have been posting about this issue since August 12 when a photograph appeared on Sweet Feet's Facebook page showing CDs, vinyl, and other promotional products about Mary's mixes of this track. I am totally amazed that over three months later we are not able to purchase a CD of these mixes. This is a very poor business plan, because all fans do not have the capacity or ability to download music. This is not a discussion about downloading versus CDs as has been discussed on many threads. It is basic common sense: some people can only use CDs. The CDs are actually being sold at concerts. Why not on the web?

Someone has a very poor business plan behind this venture. Mary could be climbing higher on the charts if all of the products, i.e., CDs, vinyl and downloads were available at one time. I have an great respect for Mary, but her promoters and managers have ler her down. Sweet Feet is obviously a small time organization without the capacity and experience for widespread distribution of a fifteen year old track. What a shame!
    Last edited by longtimefan; 11-21-2015 at 06:14 PM.

You can buy the Mary Wilson mixed cd Time To Move On,at Amoeba Music store in Hollywood Ca,6400 Sunset Blvd 323-245-6400.
    AMOEBA.com

Thanks Redhot! Not complicated!

You're welcome Luke ,you're always on point lol

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    You can buy the Mary Wilson mixed cd Time To Move On,at Amoeba Music store in Hollywood Ca,6400 Sunset Blvd 323-245-6400.
    AMOEBA.com
    Thank you Redhot. I have to get copies for others.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    I have been posting about this issue since August 12 when a photograph appeared on Sweet Feet's Facebook page showing CDs, vinyl, and other promotional products about Mary's mixes of this track. I am totally amazed that over three months later we are not able to purchase a CD of these mixes. This is a very poor business plan, because all fans do not have the capacity or ability to download music. This is not a discussion about downloading versus CDs as has been discussed on many threads. It is basic common sense: some people can only use CDs. The CDs are actually being sold at concerts. Why not on the web?

Someone has a very poor business plan behind this venture. Mary could be climbing higher on the charts if all of the products, i.e., CDs, vinyl and downloads were available at one time. I have an great respect for Mary, but her promoters and managers have ler her down. Sweet Feet is obviously a small time organization without the capacity and experience for widespread distribution of a fifteen year old track. What a shame!
    Longtime fan, since it's not a download vs. CD discussion, maybe you could have someone download the tracks for you. Apparently you have no clue how the music business operates in the age of digital media. I won't even get into a discussion about the negativity you seem to have toward this project, the label and the promoters.

I will say this: Mary Wilson has the biggest hit of her solo career right now. "Time To Move On" has moved up to #29 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart. It is clear to many, including every single person that attended the event at Amoeba Music, that the entire team involved with this project, including Sweet Feet Music, promoters, et all, know exactly what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by thesupremes View Post
    Longtime fan, since it's not a download vs. CD discussion, maybe you could have someone download the tracks for you. Apparently you have no clue how the music business operates in the age of digital media. I won't even get into a discussion about the negativity you seem to have toward this project, the label and the promoters.

I will say this: Mary Wilson has the biggest hit of her solo career right now. "Time To Move On" has moved up to #29 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart. It is clear to many, including every single person that attended the event at Amoeba Music, that the entire team involved with this project, including Sweet Feet Music, promoters, et all, know exactly what they are doing.
    That is more excellent news! Mary Wilson moving up to #29! It is time to move on! Go Mary! Thank you thesupremes!!!!

Let me second that thesupremes,Thanks for setting the record straight,you guys are doing a great job,keep on doing what your doing,because Mary Wilson single Time To Move On,will keep moving up the Billboard dance charts,you guys are The Best.

Longtimefan is never negative - the negative here is posters like Redhot. You should stop baiting and being rude.

Lmao i'm never rude,i only tell the truth,and you don't like it Jobeterob,i haven't been rude to you,Jobeterob don't you love Mary's new publicity picture ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    AMOEBA.com
    NO you CAN'T!!

As I said in my opening post on here I have been in e mail contact with them over the last few days and they were not supplied with any stock and it is not on their website.

It was only available to purchase at the signing this week which as I live in the UK I couldn't get to!

I have a friend who is in LA next week who says he is going to the store and will look but their customer services department are telling me they don't have it!!

And to be honest what is the point in having it in just one shop [[if by some miracle it is available)?

It should be at least available form her website!!!

I was at the signing at Amoeba and here is what I was told. The CD's & 12" vinyl that the producer brought were Promotional copies that were supplied to Dance Clubs, Radio & DJ's that cannot play compressed audio. The producer allowed some of these to be sold that nite for Mary to sign. The single is download only for the public. Mary's manager also brought some cd copies of her live SF concert Up Close to sell as well. I was told that the little bit of leftovers they had from signing Amoeba would be able to sell since they didn't want to transport leftovers back and would not be getting more since they were promotional. They probably went pretty quickly and I have not been back to Amoeba to check out if they still have copies. Yes, i do imagine that they are gone.

The only other possible way to get them is to email Sweet Feet and tell them that you were unable to go to Amoeba and if they might sell a copy as these were not made for the general public.

P.S. I was told by the producer that Mary has now recorded more songs with them and that they intend to record more in early 2016 for a full albums worth. That will be sold as a download and that they are considering a cd release on that.
    Last edited by greg jones; 11-23-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    I was at the signing at Amoeba and here is what I was told. The CD's & 12" vinyl that the producer brought were Promotional copies that were supplied to Dance Clubs, Radio & DJ's that cannot play compressed audio. The producer allowed some of these to be sold that nite for Mary to sign. The single is download only for the public. Mary's manager also brought some cd copies of her live SF concert Up Close to sell as well. I was told that the little bit of leftovers they had from signing Amoeba would be able to sell since they didn't want to transport leftovers back and would not be getting more since they were promotional. They probably went pretty quickly and I have not been back to Amoeba to check out if they still have copies. Yes, i do imagine that they are gone.

The only other possible way to get them is to email Sweet Feet and tell them that you were unable to go to Amoeba and if they might sell a copy as these were not made for the general public.

P.S. I was told by the producer that Mary has now recorded more songs with them and that they intend to record more in early 2016 for a full albums worth. That will be sold as a download and that they are considering a cd release on that.

Now is great news about the new recordings and upcoming CD. Thank you Greg

Maybe the folks at Sweet Feet could work with the company that released Mary's "Up Close" CD back in 2007. If this boutique release was able to make it to physical, certainly something that's "moving up" the Billboard charts has a good chance.

Maybe Mary could finance herself? Seems logical she'd want to have something to sell at her gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Maybe the folks at Sweet Feet could work with the company that released Mary's "Up Close" CD back in 2007. If this boutique release was able to make it to physical, certainly something that's "moving up" the Billboard charts has a good chance.

Maybe Mary could finance herself? Seems logical she'd want to have something to sell at her gigs.
    She doesn't need to finance anything. She sells the jazz concert DVD and CD at her concerts. Her current release was always suppose to be a digital download like most other artists.

This might be a good time to issue that Brian Holland album ?

I would like a cd version but I guess I have to accept that it will only be a download

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    This might be a good time to issue that Brian Holland album ?

I would like a cd version but I guess I have to accept that it will only be a download
    I would love a CD too, but if downloading is the only way I get Mary's new music, then so be it! I also believe now would be a good time to release the Holland's album.

Sweet Feet Music is selling a limited edition [[100 copies) DJ Promo CD of the "Time To Move On" remixes on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/2916235010...CA%3AUS%3A1123

Thanks for this info Carlo,it's a song for Dancing,i'm sure if the DJ's at the clubs get's it,they'll play Mary Wilson's Time To Move On.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Sweet Feet Music is selling a limited edition [[100 copies) DJ Promo CD of the "Time To Move On" remixes on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/2916235010...CA%3AUS%3A1123
    Thank you Carlo.