[REMOVE ADS]

Finally a sledge sister speaks out about being estranged from kathy & her accusations

Kathy Sledge has been very vocal lately about being estranged from her sisters and her sisters suing her for the use of the group's name. A few weeks ago when the sisters performed for the Pope headlines stated that Kathy was "banned" from performing with her sisters. That was followed by a social media backlash literally crucifying sisters Debbie, Joni and Kim.Being that there are often two and sometimes three sides to every story, Joni Sledge finally breaks her silence in a blog from the sister's website http://www.nothingisgreaterthanlove....versial-story/

This is interesting. Kathy is the only sister whom I know personally so I cannot really comment too much on what Joni says. It is true to say there are two sides to every story and I truly hope the sisters can kiss and make up. Sister Sledge are a lesser group without Kathy's formidable vocals. I hope and pray this can be resolved. There is enough bitterness in this world at the moment. What the world needs now is love sweet love.......

The blog post and the letters from Joni and Debbie put Kathy in a tight spot. It certainly appears that the group wants to reconcile with Kathy. Unless Kathy comes forward to detail her side it will look like she is the cause of the discord. Of course, things are not always as they seem and airing dirty laundry about family issues is inappropriate unless it is intended to help someone battling addiction. Besides, I am always suspicious of pretty girls [[i.e. Joni Sledge) who play the victim.

Everybody is the victim in their own eyes. The blog post has the ring of truth for me. There were a lot of small details in it for her to have made it all up [[she could have created bigger, more embarrassing stories if she wants to lure about Kathy). The truth is usually that both parties are right and wrong in these matters. I can't imagine having such a bitter relationship with my own siblings, who are by far my best friends.

And it's often as at the pope concert only Debbie and Joni I believe who perform. Odd.

I would love Kathy to speak out. She is a very gracious lady and maybe,just maybe this could pave the way for the sisters to kiss and make up. Life is far too short..

Kathy went solo,it didn't happen for her,as a solo artist,as Joni said,Kathy left them.i will support Sister Sledge always,they have welcome Kathy back,it's Kathy with the problem.smh

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Kathy went solo,it didn't happen for her,as a solo artist,as Joni said,Kathy left them.i will support Sister Sledge always,they have welcome Kathy back,it's Kathy with the problem.smh
    Kathy did rejoin the group for a few tours here in the UK. As you say it was her decision to leave for a solo career but whenever I have seen her she has said nothing but positive things about her siblings. I know there are two sides to every story and I am curious as to what will happen next.

Wow, this makes me feel bad for Joni. Kathy seems to be on some sort of ego trip. Hope they can settle this though, this is just silly. No one would accept anyone showing their ego. Just show love, y'all are family, stick it out, work it out. The 40th anniversary of We Are Family is coming soon, let's hope by then, all four sisters reunite and show the haters that they still are "family" in the sense of being tight...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Wow, this makes me feel bad for Joni. Kathy seems to be on some sort of ego trip. Hope they can settle this though, this is just silly. No one would accept anyone showing their ego. Just show love, y'all are family, stick it out, work it out. The 40th anniversary of We Are Family is coming soon, let's hope by then, all four sisters reunite and show the haters that they still are "family" in the sense of being tight...
    Let us hope so midnightman. Life is too short. Blood is thicker than water and these ladies need to sort things out before it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Let us hope so midnightman. Life is too short. Blood is thicker than water and these ladies need to sort things out before it is too late.
    yes they sure do my dear. A bit of spiritual counseling could sure help cause Im a firm believer that the family that prays together stays tigether. I wish them peace and love and forgiveness.

fondly,

Roberta

Joni's letter seems very heart felt and as stated in her letter I'm sure that they have missed a lot of opportunities. I've seen and enjoyed both versions of Sister Sledge and I'm sure that the original line up would trump them both. It would be great to see them all together but most importantly mend the broken pieces of their relationship. Maybe they should take their own advice as this Joni lead states

Hopefully they will mend this broken relationship

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Hopefully they will mend this broken relationship
    Amen to that glenco. Amen to that.

Actually Kathy put her sisters in a tight spot when she gave interview on The Insider!!

Kathy did speak out .... and it was embarrassing

I totally agree

I commend Debbie , Joni and Kim's children for not commenting on the matter via social media, Kathy's children were rather harsh on their aunts.