[REMOVE ADS]

She's Got the Power! - Legendary girl groups in concert in New York

I'm not sure how long ago this was [[I want to say five years ago) there was a big concert in New York celebrating the girls of the sixties with the original girls. Featuring Arlene Smith of the Chantels, Lesley Gore, the Angels, Margaret Ross Williams of the Cookies, Barbara Harris of the Toys, Brenda Reid of the Exciters, and more. Someone has graciously recorded and uploaded the entire concert on YouTube.

I'm posting one video here, but you can find the rest of it on this user's channel. Here is probably the only available live performance of the *original* "Do Wah Diddy" as sung by Brenda Reid herself!

Great!! I've seen some of this before. I wish they would do another concert!

That's Brenda , but where is Lillian Walker? She still sings and performs with a group of "Exciters".

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That's Brenda , but where is Lillian Walker? She still sings and performs with a group of "Exciters".
    I could be mistaken, but I thought that was her directly behind Brenda...at least it looks like her to me...

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I thought that was her directly behind Brenda...at least it looks like her to me...
    That might be her. No that is her. thanks antcelb12!

Isn't her son LA Reid?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Isn't her son LA Reid?
    No that was an urban myth.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Isn't her son LA Reid?
    Her son is Cory Rooney, somewhat of a big name producer for the likes of Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Michael Jackson, and some others I can't remember...