[REMOVE ADS]

Paris Friday 13th November 2015

Thoughts are with those affected by the events of last night.

What we are seeing is the esculation of extremist religious fundamentalists on the rest of
    the world. This is France's 9/11 just as Russia has experienced it's own attack. These people
    will not stop and appear beyond reasoning with driven by their fevor and beliefs. Mankind
    will prove to be one day, the only species completely responsible for it's own extinction...
    My condolences to anyone directly affected by this madness right now....

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Were you anywhere near any of the terrible events?

Thank you for asking.

I escaped it by travelling to London yesterday afternoon. However, my friend travelled to Paris for the weekend, staying in a studio flat in the same street as the restaurant Le Petit Cambodge. I heard about the "attente" at about 10:30 pm and phoned to check that all was ok. However, my mobile was not connecting and I started to get worried. It's hard to sleep in such circumstances and I spent the night checking the internet for news. I eventually got a text saying that all was ok at about 7am this morning.

Apparently, there was mass confusion and carnage everywhere last night. Locals were opening up their homes to help the injured as the emergency services couldn't cope. People were running in all directions in blood-stained torn clothes screaming and crying. Others were helping to make pathways by moving people that had been shot and killed. This comes after an attack earlier this year at the Charlie Hebdo's offices - only a stone's throw away.

Today, people are queuing at the nearby Saint Louis hospital on the opposite side of the road to Le Petit Cambodge in Rue Bichet to give blood to help the injured. People are shocked, bewildered and worse, scared that another attack will happen whilst they are dealing with the aftermath of last night's attack.

Dear Heavenly Father, as the death toll continues to rise as a result of several shootings and explosions in France, we lift up a prayer for safety and protection. We ask that You watch over those who are injured or being held hostage while keeping all others out of harms way. We know with Your guidance and protection we can overcome all evil. In Your Holy Name We Pray,

Sadly we live in a world that's rapidly losing it's mind and power of reason.

Thank you for asking.

I escaped it by travelling to London yesterday afternoon. However, my friend travelled to Paris for the weekend, staying in a studio flat in the same street as the restaurant Le Petit Cambodge. I heard about the "attente" at about 10:30 pm and phoned to check that all was ok. However, my mobile was not connecting and I started to get worried. It's hard to sleep in such circumstances and I spent the night checking the internet for news. I eventually got a text saying that all was ok at about 7am this morning.

Apparently, there was mass confusion and carnage everywhere last night. Locals were opening up their homes to help the injured as the emergency services couldn't cope. People were running in all directions in blood-stained torn clothes screaming and crying. Others were helping to make pathways by moving people that had been shot and killed. This comes after an attack earlier this year at the Charlie Hebdo's offices - only a stone's throw away.

Today, people are queuing at the nearby Saint Louis hospital on the opposite side of the road to Le Petit Cambodge in Rue Bichet to give blood to help the injured. People are shocked, bewildered and worse, scared that another attack will happen whilst they are dealing with the aftermath of last night's attack.
    I understand. I went through the same thing when the World Trade Center was destroyed. I called my friend Pam who worked in one of the towers and just got a fast busy signal.

No belief is so great that it justifies the taking of one single human life.

Agreed, absolutely.

Everyone has the right to take their own life, but not intentionally to take the life of another with them.

My opinions are aligned with Splanky's above.