[REMOVE ADS]

Question for superagent-sir westgrandboulavard[esq.]

Hey west maybe you can answer this for me..the clyde mcphatter song from 1969-only a fool,was it recorded in the uk?

Arr&bee....

While I cannot give you a definitive answer [[for example, an authoritatively documented recording date, or studio location), the following is true of 'Only A Fool' [[also the flipside, 'Thank You Love') :

The Musical Director was Johnny Harris :
    Scottish born, and well known within the British recording industry. Has worked with [[and/or had songs recorded by) Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand, Sammy Davis Jr., Paul Anka, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Engelbert Humperdinck, Petula Clark, Shirley McLaine, Lulu and Lynda Carter. Has lived and worked in the US since 1972.

The Producer was Wayne Bickerton :
    English songwriter, record producer and music business executive. With Tony Waddington, wrote 'Nothing But A Heartache' for The Flirtations. Became a record producer for Deram Records when the label was introduced in 1966.

The Recording Label was Deram :
    A subsidiary label of Decca UK, based in London.

Clyde McPhatter was based in the UK between mid '60s and 1970.

'Only A Fool' was released on 45 single Deram 202, on July 26th 1968.

I think it is very likely that 'Only A Fool' was indeed recorded here in the UK, probably London.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 11-07-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Close enough,thanks west,you da man.

Actually, that was recorded in my basement over on Broad Street in Lancaster, Ohio. They used my dad's cassette recorder and two Realistic [[Radio Shack) microphones. Clyde chose to record their because my mom made grilled ham and cheese sandwiches on Thursdays.

The whole session was done in secrecy. I was told to tell my friends Clyde was my uncle. When they asked who our guest was, I told them "that's Uncle Clyde McPhatter, who used to sing for the Drifters". We never figured out how the local press found out he was there.

Whoooooaa hold da phones...are you serious jerry,did you know clyde???

I knew my real uncle Clyde, who was a bit of an ass but definitely not one of the greatest [[and most underrated singers of all time). But Clyde McPhatter? Not so much. [[I may have lied a little bit before...)

I rest my case........

Did I ever tell you all about the time Marvin Gaye asked me about the arrangements for his "I Want You" album. He was really wanting to use traditional Motown grooves but I asked why he didn't stretch out. He was worried that nobody would like it but I told him to either big or go home and history was made.

Well, maybe that's not all true but the gist of it is kind of accurate. For example, I was only 13 when he recorded it [[and I've never been in the same room with him) but I would have offered that advice if he asked. So, it's kind of true.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa.....jerry that's the greatest[april fools]joke that's ever been pulled in november....of course on the flipside you've been banished to work in greasy grady's kitchen til further notice!!!

I have a restraining order against GG from when I worked for him as a teenager. Instead of giving me a 50% discount for eating there, that fool was charging me an extra 50%. When I asked him why, he said it was too pay for the doctor that he kept on staff to treat his customers.

One day, I got sick after eating a Greasy Grady's Meatburger with extra chili and onions [[he couldn't afford hamburger) and a slide order of fries [[not a mistype), I called for the doctor when Grady put his fly swatter down, took his apron off, and grabbed a stethoscope.

When I asked where the doctor was, he declared my condition to be terminal gastritis and had a couple of coworkers drop me in the dumpster behind the joint. I wouldn't have been so upset if he had not made me punch out before throwing me away.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....YOU' RE A FUNNY GUY JERRY,OK I'LL SPEAK TO GREASY,BUT YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO SLOWDRAG WITH LILBITS AT THE BLULIGHT RENT PARTY BEING THROWN BY DUUFUSS[notice that the e in blue is missing, and he won't get it back til the rent is paid in full]DON'T WORRY JERRY LILBITS LIKES YOU AND SHE'LL LEAD.

I don't know if that's a good idea. There's a sign on the party house wall that reads "Maximum occupancy in this space is 250 persons...

Or ONE person including L'il Bits".

The last time I grinded with her, my face slipped in between a belly fold and I'd swear I saw Jimmy Hoffa and D.B. Cooper up in there. I barely got away. I'll only dance with her again if I can get a tow rope to pull me out.

Opps,too late i promised her you'd dance with her but don't worry it won't be til the last song...[by the time i get to phoenix-isaac hayes long version]i had to do it or she was gonna invite herself to your house for dinner,you can thank me later....oh and while you're in those folds if you see my uncle grips tell him i ain't forgot about that five he owes me,and if you make it out alive...opps-err-ahem-hehe...when the dance is over hand the five to lilbits.