[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Possible new Supreme "Expanded Edition" to be released very soon?

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 11.44.25 AM.jpg
Views: 2727
Size:  51.0 KBI see that the Diana Ross & The Supremes Expanded Editions page on Facebook has posted a hint that we should be on the alert for an exciting announcement very soon! I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, but not going to "go-go" there until I hear for sure!
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 11-06-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Does anyone know who operates the Diana Ross and the Supremes Expanded Editions Facebook page? Is it someone who is actually involved in Universal/Motown? Just wondering....

It's been a while since the last release. Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Does anyone know who operates the Diana Ross and the Supremes Expanded Editions Facebook page? Is it someone who is actually involved in Universal/Motown? Just wondering....
    I believe it is ran by Andy and maybe George.

So does this mean we are getting Motown in Paris or not ?

I am surprised that Andy or George would participate and this kind of a rumor.

Hi Longtimefan,

I am one of the people who run the Diana Ross & The Supremes: Expanded Editions Facebook page. And, yes, as I did with Baby It's Me and Funny Girl, it was me who posted the teaser: "There's an extra-special release coming your way soon! It is certain to blow you away!" Since then, there have been a lot of comments, calls and questions as to just what it is. We're not telling, and so far no one has accurately guessed what it is. Hopefully, fans won't have to wait too much longer. Care to guess what it is? No prizes to be won, maybe a cocktail next time I see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    Hi Longtimefan,

I am one of the people who run the Diana Ross & The Supremes: Expanded Editions Facebook page. And, yes, as I did with Baby It's Me and Funny Girl, it was me who posted the teaser: "There's an extra-special release coming your way soon! It is certain to blow you away!" Since then, there have been a lot of comments, calls and questions as to just what it is. We're not telling, and so far no one has accurately guessed what it is. Hopefully, fans won't have to wait too much longer. Care to guess what it is? No prizes to be won, maybe a cocktail next time I see you.
    Could it be Live at London's Talk of the Town​?

There is a personal post from Andy this morning saying "it" is coming soon. I don't think there is any confirmation it's a real CD and not just digital. Lots of guessing though as to the title! Royal Albert Hall? Ross 78? A Go Go? TCB And several others.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    "There's an extra-special release coming your way soon! It is certain to blow you away!"
    That's the clue. What would be certain to "blow us away"??????? I am at a loss.

To blow me away it would need to be something like Disney Classics or Ross at Royal Albert Hall. Something like the Blue Album.

And I would say Digital only.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Actually, the On Broadway TV soundtrack would REALLY blow me away.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I assumed A' Go Go was the 'coming soon' mystery, but Andy states no one has guessed correctly. Perhaps it's a project similar to Blue, one that has not been previously released. Any guesses...

It would be so great if it is something we have not seen or heard.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It would be so great if it is something we have not seen or heard.
    "Farewell'' [[DMC) Expanded Edition with an accompanying dvd .....
    Around the World With the Supremes

Why would they even consider anything other than Supremes A Go Go? In the first place, this was a number one selling album when it was first released andsecondly, current fans have been asking [[begging) for it for the last couple of years. Actually, it has even been mentioned in one of the other expanded edition booklets. Why on earth take a risk with "something special" when there's little doubt that if any expanded album would sell well it would be a Supremes A Go Go. But, then again, this is Motown and the ball has been dropped many times in the past. No disrespect meant to Andy - he is an employee.

How about "The Supremes...Lost and Found Vol 2"............

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Why would they even consider anything other than Supremes A Go Go? In the first place, this was a number one selling album when it was first released andsecondly, current fans have been asking [[begging) for it for the last couple of years. Actually, it has even been mentioned in one of the other expanded edition booklets. Why on earth take a risk with "something special" when there's little doubt that if any expanded album would sell well it would be a Supremes A Go Go. But, then again, this is Motown and the ball has been dropped many times in the past. No disrespect meant to Andy - he is an employee.
    After the past few years, you should be happy that Universal is releasing anything! Don't try to sour a happy moment. When people get picky that's when sales suffer and when sales suffer, nothing gets released.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 11-11-2015 at 01:53 AM.

Kind of agree with brad here. The sales weren't always great and they were only asking 10000 people to buy one. I suspect A Go Go would sell the best but beggars can't be choosers. We should try and support.

"Blow us away" makes me think it's Wiz related. Didn't Berry want to do some kind of cash in album "Diana Ross Sings The Wiz?" although I don't remember their being rumors of an actual album being assembled....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    "Blow us away" makes me think it's Wiz related. Didn't Berry want to do some kind of cash in album "Diana Ross Sings The Wiz?" although I don't remember their being rumors of an actual album being assembled....
    She did record a whole album of Wiz related material but the project was abandoned when the film failed to have the desired impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She did record a whole album of Wiz related material but the project was abandoned when the film failed to have the desired impact.
    Well judging from how much it gets played on TV these days it would be a better bet to get expanded than Mahogany or Lady Sings The Blues....

Or even better.... Ernie Terrell told Berry Gordy & Shelly Berger to check out Jean Terrell in his act at the Fountainbleu because she would "Blow Us Away".... Right On Expanded or 70's Lost & Found?

This seems a bit childish. Why not just say what it is? I personally have lost faith in the entire matter in ever seeing The Supremes entire album collection ever being finished in the physical format. They could have done the same thing with them as they have with Marvin Gaye and be done with it which by now would cause the ongoing duplications of the same thing. I'm not buying any downloads no matter what it is. It has taken years on end and the last one we got was "Symphony". The entire thing has been frustrating and disappointing. The #1 female singing group yet there are endless releases on The Beatles. On a positive note I was glad to see "The Jean Terrell Years" had sold out long ago and that they gave The Supremes & The Four Tops the full treatment. Other than that it's been a thumbs down experience especially when you have Harry, Andy & Co. doing them so beautifully. Just my opinion folks, nothing more.

Or even better.... Ernie Terrell told Berry Gordy & Shelly Berger to check out Jean Terrell in his act at the Fountainbleu because she would "Blow Us Away".... Right On Expanded or 70's Lost & Found?
    Oh now you are talking! I would take anything from the Jean Terrell years. There is certainly enough material to warrant a 70's lost and found.

I had forgotten about the Wiz studio recordings. Those would come under the heading "blow you away!" I was thinking this morning that it might be a soundtrack from the Central Park concerts. I was looking at a picture of Diana with the cape in the wind.....

And I'm sure as soon as Andy is permitted to tell us, he will. In the meantime, I'm having fun just thinking about what it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    After the past few years, you should be happy that Universal is releasing anything! Don't try to sour a happy moment. When people get picky that's when sales suffer and when sales suffer, nothing gets released.
    I feel that referring to my assessment as to why A GO GO would be a logical release for the reasons that I mentioned is hardly "picky," i.e., "excessively fussy." I was outlining facts such as [[1) how long this potential release has been discussed; [[2) that its release has even been mentioned in one of the booklets; and, [[3) it's likelihood to have strong sales. That is an assessment of my reasoning -- not being picky -- or "sour!!!".

Also, please notice that I offered no disrespect to Andy.

My statements that "Motown has dropped the ball many times" is found regularly throughout this forum in discussions of many artists.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 11-11-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Thank you Mr. Andy for continuing to bring us all things "supreme".

Clearly we all have no idea the "behind the scene" struggles you must face in an industry that changes more often than Lynda Lawrence changes hair color.

Just simply wondering if this could work /sell: Motown, re-at-least tries out a classics reissue program for CDs, by "deluxe edition"-izing their Golden Age landmark / trademarks that made them what they are, such as "Wave One" be "Hi! We're the Miracles", "Where Did Our Love Go", "Temptations Sing Smokey", and "In The Groove"? Note: am aware, "Where Did Our Love Go" already has "expanded edition" but it's astronomically priced out of prints. Full albums, mono and stereo, with unused archive tracks / live perfomances, the HIP-O way!

Well if not a Wiz maybe an set of Liverpool, Sam Cooke and C&W plus unreleased [[not sure it fits with "blow you away" though).

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Well if not a Wiz maybe an set of Liverpool, Sam Cooke and C&W plus unreleased [[not sure it fits with "blow you away" though).
    Well, it would include Tumbling Tumbleweeds......

This could be it. Isn't there going to be a big TV show of a remake of the "The Wiz". Maybe it will coincide with the TV special. They did that with the anniversary of "Funny Girl" Barbra Streisands soundtrack had an expanded release and we got the Diana Ross and the Supremes expanded "Funny Girl"

Please not Cream of the Crop.

Maybe it Cream of the Crop and Farewell, as the Supremes blew right out of the decade and into the shadows and oblivion fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Please not Cream of the Crop.

Maybe it Cream of the Crop and Farewell, as the Supremes blew right out of the decade and into the shadows and oblivion fairly quickly.

Oh no Rob.....dont put the mockers on it. I love that album unless it's an alternate version of Hey Jude

70's Supremes "Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time"?

Dorothy blowing in makes the most sense!

The Wiz is back!

Diana Ross' most popular movie is The Wiz!

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    70's Supremes "Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time"?
    Not a bad guess, aarondillon2011. There have been hints about a 70s Supremes' "Lost and Found" sort of release floating around for quite a while. Additionally, one important issue could be significant: The J/M/C boxed set [[THIS IS THE STORY) sold out long go and people are still trying to buy a copy here and there. On eBay, that set is very expensive. Conclusion: A 70s Supremes' collection of rarities might be a money maker.

Remember "Business Plan 101: "Follow the money!

p.s. That said, I just cannot believe that A GO GO won't be the next release. It's be asked for, begged for, and hinted at for AGES!!! Why on earth overlook that album as an "expanded edition"???
    Last edited by longtimefan; 11-13-2015 at 10:22 PM.

It seems Hip-O sill releases cd's: http://www.musictap.net/2015/11/12/n...n-in-december/

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Hip-O Records was/is a label for releases that were not limited in number, especially compilation cds [[eg greatest hits type of things) aimed at a general audience. Hip-O Select was the label for the releases with limited runs, aimed more at the hard core fan. Hip-O Select, I believe, no longer exists as a label though we still get occasional releases as downloads [["Funny Girl" is listed as Universal, "Baby It's Me" expanded as Motown). And now Motortown Revue in Paris "Super Deluxe" is being released as a cd on the Motown label.
    Last edited by calvin; 11-14-2015 at 05:43 AM.

I would be very happy with the "A Go Go" rerelease/expanded edition just for the mono recordings especially, "Baby, I Need Your Lovin'" which had the bass more isolated towards the end of the song. I switched my mono album for a stereo one back in the 60s and was VERY disappointed that the mixes appeared to be so different.

Same here....that one and also I Cant Help Myself.

These announcements without details are a bit daring as they inspire some wishful thinking that can only lead to anticlimactic disappointment. But if it is not A ‘Go Go or the expanded Ross 1978 [[which both have been announced before but still have not appeared), I have two Ross projects that would definitely blow me away if they would materialize:

1. The alleged recordings Ross did with Stevie Wonder during the early 1970s but locked in his vaults. IF they exist at all, it would be amazing if they would be released.
    2. The Let-See-If-Diana-Ross-Can-Do-It-By-Herself live show. Would love to hear more live material from the early 1970s, such as the bonus track on the expanded Diana Ross 1970 “Something On My Mind.” That live track literally blew me away when I heard it for the first time.

But hey, we can always dream!

Maybe this will be a physical cd release with pre-orders through PledgeMusic, like Motortown Revue in Paris Super Deluxe Edition.

I suppose this is it, yes? Really looking forward to hearing it!

http://www.eurweb.com/2015/11/lost-a...eur-exclusive/

I hope there's a digital booklet and that A-Go-Go is on its way, too...

I'm not sure if this fits into the upcoming download in any way, but I'll post it here for anyone who might be interested [[and it is only one man's opinion, I assume) :

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/itunes-...mbid=social_fb

Andy is saying after the Diana Ross "Sings Songs from The Wiz". There is going to be another surprise release on Dec 4. And he said it's not going to be The Supremes "A Go Go". How exciting to look forward to another great release!

Maybe another Diana Ross lost album and sequel to Funny Girl, "Diana Ross Sings Songs from Funny Lady"

Ok, well Andy posted there's a 2nd release the following week on the 4th that fans will be happy about. Then he also posted Christmas pix of the Supremes. So my guesses are these:

An upgraded expanded edition on Merry Christmas

or

The Disney Classics

With that kind of clue, the stab in the dark would be an expanded Merry Christmas!