[REMOVE ADS]

Cathy called-eddie holman

How many remember this one from[1970]i always felt that if eddie had sung it in his natural voice instead of a fasetto it would've been a hit,nice tune but the high pitch killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    How many remember this one from[1970]i always felt that if eddie had sung it in his natural voice instead of a falsetto it would've been a hit,nice tune but the high pitch killed it.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  21.1 KB
    Of course I remember that one. I bought it, new. It's a really well-written song. I HATED Eddie's falsetto, and always enjoyed his singing more, when he'd lapse back into his natural voice during a song. That shows you how great his hit songs were, that I HATED the falsetto, and still bought his records.

"Hey There Lonely, Girl" was such a fantastic song. But, I like "Hey There Lonely Boy" by Ruby and The Romantics 100 times better than by Eddie. Yet, I liked Eddie's enough to buy it. "This Can't Be True" is great, even with Eddie's Falsetto, but, I'd have liked it better if he'd have sung mainly in his natural voice, and would have just ventured into high notes in key spots in the song. Same with "Never Let Me Go" [[Backed by Weldon McDougal's Larks).

Great minds think alike[hehehe]i too have this record[cathy called]his fasetto worked with the other songs but not this one,the irony is that eddie still sounds good today.