[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    This is wonderful news. I don't think there's another complete Motortown Revue show in the Vaults - certainly not one this early [[1965).
    In the run up to Motown Mondays in 1966 they recorded the artists in Cleveland. Maybe, one day these recordings will be released as well.

I just pledged. Thank you for the information, I will be as supportive as I can. It's worth it to me just to hear Wild One live and If I had A Hammer. Plus, another People will always be interesting.

I ordered the 2 cd set for £17 and I've been charged for it already!

They dont waste time taking the money do they!

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post

I think they charge everyone who signs on, I'm ok with it as long as the project goes thru and I receive a copy. Hopefully this is a new avenue to release long sought after Motown projects since Hippo Select seems to be defunct.

I want to purchase this but the "pledge" concept is unsettling and too vague. No responses have been offered to my questions. I am also puzzled that they post the actual names of those folks who have pledged. I cannot support this process -- sadly.

way too strange of a system for me.. who do you go after if the product is never created and they already have your money? plus they're overseas? no thanks..

The idea of Pledge Music is to release material which may not otherwise be made available, it is used often by artists who may not have a record deal, it gives them guaranteed funding and also advance knowledge of the number of discs to be pressed.

Not every pledge item takes money upfront, many set a target to make the project financially possible and only when that is achieved is the money taken, I have supported that many artists in the UK, some have been also artists who were released otherwise dropped.

I think there is the option for your name to be withheld from public listing if that is your wish. many artists offer such as signed CD covers, signed photo's as well, which are never available publically afterwards. I feel this could become a collectors item as they will not be sold from what I understand commercially.

Time is ticking down to the release date now and I am sure the project will do well.

It looks like Amazon UK is selling the Vinyl 3LP a month after release.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motortown-Re...851351&sr=1-57

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    way too strange of a system for me.. who do you go after if the product is never created and they already have your money? plus they're overseas? no thanks..
    I agree. My bank [[credit card issuer) will not process a payment to this organization. I have tried more than once over several weeks. I do not have or plan to have PayPal as an alternative.

What's up with this "pledge" group?

Quote Originally Posted by mr soul View Post
    It looks like Amazon UK is selling the Vinyl 3LP a month after release.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motortown-Re...851351&sr=1-57
    The 2CD set is on Amazon too at only £10.99 I just pre ordered mine

I wouldn't have purchased through 'Pledge' if I had known it was being sold through Amazon. They kept that quiet. Not happy about this rather dodgy website anyhow. I might try opening a dispute through paypal for my money back. Should be covered with consumer rights, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    The 2CD set is on Amazon too at only £10.99 I just pre ordered mine
    I wish I hadn't ordered on Pledge Music, but I'm glad that it's being offered on Amazon at a lower price. This means that next time [[if there is a next time) I won't have to bother with Pledge Music.

Seems like a bit of a scam on Universal's part, though - getting their most loyal customers to lock themselves into a higher-price purchase. Shame on you!
    Last edited by calvin; 01-27-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Looks as if it will be available at Deep Discount.com as well.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/search?q...n+paris&mod=AP

I feel a pounding in my brain, ice cold water running through my veins, got a bad taste in my mouth from bitter tears, heart feels sad 'cause UNIVERSAL have gone bad!!!

What a F%"&*£$ rip off.

The last order they'll ever get from me.

It's on Amazon US now for pre-order on a late-March release for about $28. I paid [[via PayPal) the $26[[?) about 4 months ago to Pledge Music [[for the 2-CD deluxe edition) and while they occasionally send out teaser-type emails, there's been nothing about a firm release date from them. Naturally, I want the best deal, but I'm more concerned about possibly being ripped off. I thought that being 'PLEDGE' Music, it meant they were making sure they had a certain amount of/enough buyers committed so they could run a production of CDs. It's a little disconcerting if they're already offering it for pre-order on large retailers. I hope someone from PM comes out with clarification.

I was under the impression that these releases were not going to be commercially available, I also found it galling that no concession was given for the size of the order & that postage was being charged 3 times as I order the 3lp 2cd & EP box set.

I think we have all been led up the garden path with this release.

I was under the impression that these releases were not going to be commercially available, I also found it galling that no concession was given for the size of the order & that postage was being charged 3 times as I order the 3lp 2cd & EP box set.
    This is the first Pledge Offer that have done this, I put a comment up on the website not sure if there has been a response yet, more than disappointed!

** Just noticed Luke has replied! offering a refund, the idea of pledge music is to finance material that would not be released otherwise.
    Last edited by jaybs; 01-31-2016 at 07:07 AM. Reason: update

Can you cancel your order with Pledge? I paid £17 for it months ago and it's being offered for £10.99.
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 01-31-2016 at 08:35 AM.

I have sent an email asking for an explanation. This is not fair. I feel conned.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    This is the first Pledge Offer that have done this, I put a comment up on the website not sure if there has been a response yet, more than disappointed!

** Just noticed Luke has replied! offering a refund, the idea of pledge music is to finance material that would not be released otherwise.

Where is this website that offers a refund? Do you have a link John?

I requested a refund from PledgeMusic on 27 January. I planned to post the outcome in this forum, but so far I've received no response other than the automatic reply stating that my request "is being reviewed" and they will do their best to get back to me as swiftly as possible.

Universal Music has dropped the ball again, putting their most loyal fans through a time-wasting hassle and giving some of us the feeling of being ripped off. Why couldn't they have just announced this release and stated that it would be made available to major online retailers? What was the point of using PledgeMusic? If some of the related merchandise is only available through PledgeMusic, they could have told us which merchandise.

I think the biggest problem is that UM makes no effort to inform the fans. They don't even bother to maintain a website listing current and upcoming cd/download releases [[classicmotown is not kept up to date). For the downloads, it would also be useful to know in which countries they will be available and when. What little information I get comes from this forum. And sometimes people in this forum are posting product/release information that can only be found on a Universal employee's private facebook page. For a company the size of UM, this is a joke.

I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the Mandre release. It came out as a download in the US but not, initially, in Europe. Instead, shortly after the download was released in the US, a physical cd of that title came out in Europe on a small label. I wondered, did UM license the new digital master to this label for a physical release, and perhaps there would be no download release in Europe? I could find no information on the internet. I asked in this forum, but no one responded. I bought the cd, and it turned out to be a vinyl rip[[off)! Then, a short time later, the new digital master was released as a download in Europe. Thanks for letting me know, Universal!
    Last edited by calvin; 01-31-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Where is this website that offers a refund? Do you have a link John?
    If you go to this project's page and click on "Discussion", you will see Luke's response stating that we can request a refund.

I signed into the website and went to "orders". There, under "contact us about this pledge / changing or canceling my pledge / How can I cancel my pledge", you will find the following instructions:
    "Find the order you would like to cancel on this page and click on ‘Make changes to this pledge’. Look for the ‘Cancel pledge’ button on the right-hand side. If the project has reached its goal [[or if you have pledged on a pre-order project), then click ‘Contact us about this pledge’ to request a cancellation."

Now, I couldn't find "make changes to this pledge" or a "cancel pledge" button, I guess because this is a pre-order. So I sent them a message through "contact us about this pledge", choosing the heading "Changing or canceling my pledge." As I posted above, I've been waiting 4 days now for a response.

If anyone has a better way, please let us all know.

It was more difficult to order than through Amazon, and it's more difficult to cancel too!
    Last edited by calvin; 01-31-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks for the help Calvin. I have just cancelled my order.

Received an acknowledgment.....well 2 in fact.

In response to a request for an explanation

Your request [[256616) has been received and is being reviewed by the PledgeMusic Customer Service team!
    We are currently experiencing a high volume of requests, but will do our best to get back to you as swiftly as possible.
    Thank you for your patience and support.
    -Team PledgeMusic

In response to my request for a cancellation.

Your request [[256626) has been received and is being reviewed by the PledgeMusic Customer Service team!
    We are currently experiencing a high volume of requests, but will do our best to get back to you as swiftly as possible.
    Thank you for your patience and support.
    -Team PledgeMusic

Calvin...I will be interested to learn when you receive your refund

Calvin...I will be interested to learn when you receive your refund
    John, I got the same email. My request was number 256209 and I'm still waiting. I will post something here when I get a real answer.
    Last edited by calvin; 01-31-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks Calvin

I tried setting up a dispute through PayPal requesting a refund. That was a week ago. So far no response. So much for consumer protection.

I feel truly conned by pledgemusic, and my contempt for the suits at Universal, who can't seem to organise a p**s up in a brewery, strengthens from one fiasco to another.

See how long my refund takes to appear? a very sad episode, and not the way all my other pledges of support have been handled on PLEDGE MUSIC.

I just got an email from Pledge Music that my refund has been processed, and then another email from paypal that the £17 was credited to me.

Same here ... all within 24 hours of cancelling!

Same here!

To be fair, I'm not sure to what extent [[if any) Pledge Music is to blame, and the idea of crowdfunding a release is not bad [[though that's not what this was!). As for Universal Music, what were they thinking? It's not a lot of money but it was a hassle, and it's the principle of the thing. I've already made a couple of bad purchases thanks to a lack of information from UM, and I didn't want to let it happen again.
    Last edited by calvin; 02-01-2016 at 03:38 PM.

I just checked and notice that I have a refund to my PAYPAL account of £17.

I feel a bit sad for Pledge and I suspect that they will not be happy too.

I feel a bit sad for Pledge and I suspect that they will not be happy too.
    Yes, I feel the same. Note to Universal Music: if you want your most loyal customers to "pledge" and pay in advance, make sure that they get some benefit out of it that makes their effort worthwhile, instead of penalizing them! It would also help if you announce your intentions up front, so customers know what's going on and don't feel tricked later.

Next time - if there is a next time after this fiasco - I will not jump in and pre-order, I'll wait.
    Last edited by calvin; 02-02-2016 at 06:25 AM.

I received the generic email response, but then a personal email response to my comment I made in the website, always feel strong about making a comment when their are problems, feel as others have said for Pledge Music, never had problems before with them like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    I received the generic email response, but then a personal email response to my comment I made in the website, always feel strong about making a comment when their are problems, feel as others have said for Pledge Music, never had problems before with them like this.
    John, I appreciate your comments that you had good experiences with Pledge Music, you shouldn't worry at all about this. My impression is that Pledge Music is a reputable company, and I like the idea of crowdfunding recordings that would otherwise not be released [[though again, that's not what this was). I guess they're a small company so they can't always respond immediately to all their emails and requests. They did refund those of us who asked for it*, and I have nothing against them. As theboyfromxtown posted above, I also feel a bit sad for them, getting all these requests for cancellations.

I guess the problem was more with Universal Music. At the very least, UM could have explained what was going on with this release. It wasn't the first time, and I'm afraid it won't be the last, that UM has left us in the dark with a lack of information about a new release. [[Marvin Gaye Unreleased 1965? And how about the downloads that were released in the US but never in Europe - were these due to licensing issues or perhaps just oversights?)

*It's unclear to me if Pledge Music was legally required to refund us. In the UK, I believe that online consumers have a right to cancel [[for any reason) and be fully refunded from the time an order is placed to 14 days after receiving the item [[provided it's returned unopened). I read the Pledge Music terms and conditions, they state that you can get a refund for crowdfunding projects anytime before the target is met, but once met you have to request a refund and it's at Pledge Music's discretion. [[I didn't see pre-orders mentioned, but they seem more like projects that have reached their target.) It could be that they consider all these "exclusives", emails and website postings restricted to pledgers, as part of the purchase, to argue that pledgers begin receiving the "product" right from the time they order.
    Last edited by calvin; 02-02-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Calvin, I agree with you it is not the complete blame of Pledge Music, and I accept that, but for many average supporters of these fund raising sites their name will be damaged, so it up to them to come down hard on Universal if they have wrongly misused the idea of pledging.

I have no doubts we will get refunds, but I am unsure if it is Universal why they choose this route if it was always their intention to released the product generally to the market and not as exclusive.

Over past few years I have supported many independent films this way and short films, with only one bad experience, when money was not raised but the pledge money had been taken immediately, when I tried to get a refund I was told they were going to use the money for some other project, but I stood firm, in the end the money was refunded less card charges, but again one out of many, no website pledging should take the money until the money needed is reached.

I received my refund from Pledgemusic today.

I actually feel bad for them. But i'd also like to know why the price on their site was so much higher than Amazon.

Was that price set by Universal or Pledgemusic themselves?

Anyway, no more Pledgemusic for me. I'll wait till it's cheapest on Amazon marketplace.

I just received this link in an email from Pledge Music:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/...wnrevueinparis

I got refund from Pledge on my CD order.

Meanwhile, the French EPs are not yet available via Amazon UK...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Music-Motort...ords=motortown

I received a refund from Pledge Music for my order on the 2-CD set. The CSR who I communicated with via e-mail put the blame for things on Universal. All a big mess.

I preordered the 3LP 2CD & EP's box & asked Pledge why were they £92 on Amazon UK & £106 from them. I expected them to price match, they didn't and offered a refund which I took & promptly placed an order with Amazon.

I preordered the 3LP 2CD & EP's box & asked Pledge why were they £92 on Amazon UK & £106 from them. I expected them to price match, they didn't and offered a refund which I took & promptly placed an order with Amazon.
    I bet Pledge will think twice about doing anything with Universal in future. Shame...the people at Pledge were very pleasant to me.

The 2 CD set has increased to £12.99 on pre-release at Amazon. Hope you ordered at £10.99.

mysterysinger...sure did order at £10.99 funny how they never come down in price at Amazon these days.

mysterysinger...sure did order at £10.99 funny how they never come down in price at Amazon these days.
    Until it's been out for a while....

Too true...look at the Early Motown EP's Box now down to £34.70. I paid almost £20 more and I am getting well p... off with Amazon.

The French Vinyl EP box set is available for pre-order on Amazon priced at £44.99 in the UK.

Beauty!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Music-Motort...eywords=motown

RossHolloway Guest
    Does anyone know the exact release date on this project?