[REMOVE ADS]

ELO comes out with new album

Sounds pretty good! With new music being so scarce, it's nice to see something decent for a change!

I like it! Instant sale!

now that was a nice song.

I always loved ELO and this single is up with their very best. It is getting heavy airplay on radio 2 in the UK and the album is also rumoured to be very strong. Welcome back Jeff Lynne who has always been a true fan of soul music,

I don't know if he was ever a true soul fan, but he sure is a huge Beatles fan. That single sounds like John Lennon, and reminds me of The Beatles' "Free As A Bird".

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I don't know if he was ever a true soul fan, but he sure is a huge Beatles fan. That single sounds like John Lennon, and reminds me of The Beatles' "Free As A Bird".
    He was of course heavily influenced by the Beatles, but he was also a huge Stax and Motown fan. I remember him chosing some of his favourite songs on UK radio and I seem to recall Marvin and Otis being on the list .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    He was of course heavily influenced by the Beatles, but he was also a huge Stax and Motown fan. I remember him chosing some of his favourite songs on UK radio and I seem to recall Marvin and Otis being on the list .
    Most veteran British rockers are huge R&B fans. It is commonly believed that they repackaged the blues and sold it back to us when it seemed that Whites no longer identified with or accepted what R&B turned into in the mid-60s.

Jeff Lynn - biggest snub- not in RRHOF

Jeff Lynn is one of the greats, one of the biggest disappointments is that he is not in the rock and roll hall of fame, how is that possible he pretty much created orchestra rock. If you wonder why the the song sounds like Free as A Bird it is because he produced it, he has produce a lot of albums and was in he Rockabilly group the Traveling Wilbury.
    Eldorado, On the Third Day and Face the Music are all complete originals
    New World Rising is one of the great songs in history.
    One of my all time top performers, I definitely need to see him in concert, on my bucket list.

I like the songs on the new album but not the sound of the recording.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I like the songs on the new album but not the sound of the recording.
    It's a sign of the times soulster. I bought the album at the weekend and whilst I have only heard it twice I just know it is going to be a strong consistent album. I have noted your comments on the sound of the recording and will respond when I have heard it a couple more times.

I just listened to this. I like it. I can even understand the words , which is something I find difficult with today's music, where the vocals are not up front.

It did remind me of the Beatles.

TV ALERT
    ELO on THE TONIGHT SHOW
    starring JIMMY FALLON
    Wednesday - November 18th

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I just listened to this. I like it. I can even understand the words , which is something I find difficult with today's music, where the vocals are not up front.

It did remind me of the Beatles.

TV ALERT
    ELO on THE TONIGHT SHOW
    starring JIMMY FALLON
    Wednesday - November 18th

They have been doing a lot of TV work here in the UK these past couple of weeks.