[REMOVE ADS]

Michael Masser Unedited Interview

Haven't watched it all but this appears to be a really good interview.

I've watched segments on Touch Me In The Morning and It's My Turn; there is a segment on The Greatest Love of All.

I worked with him on E True Hollywood, a genuinely sweet man and despite what someone else may say, he loved Diana Ross and she loved him. After she took over the control of her career she just wanted to be more expeditious and not have to take 20 takes of a song like Mike wanted.

I loved his work and he comes across as a genuine guy who loved what he did. He may not have got the plaudits he deserved but he was appreciated by people in the know and we shall continue to cherish his memory.

This is a good interview for fans of any of his music ~ and Diana's and Whitney's.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I worked with him on E True Hollywood, a genuinely sweet man and despite what someone else may say, he loved Diana Ross and she loved him. After she took over the control of her career she just wanted to be more expeditious and not have to take 20 takes of a song like Mike wanted.
    Things that are truly worthwhile take TIME and lots of hard work. But that's ok, she was too lazy to work with him, so he gave Whitney all of his genius.

As far as I'm concerned, this is his masterpiece:

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, this is his masterpiece:
    I love this too Jill. I also enjoyed Barbra Streisand's version.

This is a great Masser song. Performed to perfection by Natalie. I have always found Streisands version a little to glossy and oversung for my taste.
    I so wish Diana had recorded it for the To Love Again album. Is it true she stormed out of recording sessions for the album, never to return?.

SupremeBoy Guest
    Producer/Songwriters like Michael Masser very rarely use one take. They record several and the finished product that is released is actually a combination of various takes.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Diana became very irritated with him about his studio habits.

Maybe a bit too late but it would have been nice to get a CD of recordings of the " The Divas sing Michael Masser:.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Diana became very irritated with him about his studio habits.
    I'm sure, because being a star was more important to her than creating beautiful music. But she didn't mind Wasting the Bee Gees time when she showed up to record Eaten Alive and hadn't learned the songs.

I imagine how Whitney Houston would've fared without his impeccable talent tbh... he had the songs that made her voice shine. He gave Diana two #1 hits. And of course every other person had success of some sort with his songs. RIP

They were great songs.