[REMOVE ADS]

Unhappy Cory Wells of Three Dog Night Has Passed

Hi All:

I'm not sure if this is on this forum or not. I just found out that Cory Wells, one of the lead singers from 3 Dog Night passed at his home yesterday. I just saw the group in concert a couple months ago and he looked well and performed magnificently. May he R.I.P.

http://www.wkbw.com/entertainment/th...lls-dead-at-74
    Last edited by RTA6226; 10-22-2015 at 01:16 AM.

Dammit.

R.I.P.

They were a great group and Cory was always the most energetic one on stage. Sorry to hear this. Rest in peace Cory. Thank you man.

OMG, I thought I put an "s" at the end of Cory's name, Wells. Anyway it IS awful. I'll really miss him. I understood he was supposed to have surgery for a damaged nerve in his back. Geez, something went wrong. If I hear anything else, I'll keep this forum in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by RTA6226 View Post
    OMG, I thought I put an "s" at the end of Cory's name, Wells. Anyway it IS awful. I'll really miss him. I understood he was supposed to have surgery for a damaged nerve in his back. Geez, something went wrong. If I hear anything else, I'll keep this forum in the loop.
    My ex brother in law died of a very similar situation last year.

Three Dog Night had a couple things going for it. First, 3 lead quality singers and second, great taste in the music they picked. Well's vocal on Laura Nyro's "Eli's Comin'" was a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    Three Dog Night had a couple things going for it. First, 3 lead quality singers and second, great taste in the music they picked. Well's vocal on Laura Nyro's "Eli's Comin'" was a thing of beauty.
    Don't forget the fantastic band. The Dogs were more than just those three leads. They were the entire band, especially the fantastic drummer Floyd Snead, whom, BTW, didn't indulge in the drugs that the rest of the band did.

I had a chance to see them when they were in Tucson about twelve years ago. They were about an hour and a half late and Cory, Danny, and Chuck bickered on the stage. Still yet, they managed to put on a great show.

Now, if we could just get a decent singles collection for them. No, the ones that are out now do not have all of the correct single versions.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-21-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Wonderful amount of hits. "Mama Told Me Not To Come" is my theme song. This is another great one he sang lead on:

I understand that Cory wasn't into drugs either. That's what shocked me about him passing. Marv2 do you anything about any complication your brother-in-law suffered that you are comfortable sharing? I'm trying to figure out what may have happened to Cory. I'll sure miss him. I met him a couple of times and he was always so nice.

I've been reading today that Cory died unexpectedly in his sleep Monday night/Tuesday morning.

I understand that Cory wasn't into drugs either. That's what shocked me about him passing. Marv2 do you anything about any complication your brother-in-law suffered that you are comfortable sharing? I'm trying to figure out what may have happened to Cory. I'll sure miss him. I met him a couple of times and he was always so nice.
    Yes, they were operating on a nerve in his back and cut in the wrong place and severed an artery or something. He was only 43.

I've been reading today that Cory died unexpectedly in his sleep Monday night/Tuesday morning.
    That is how my ex brother in law died, unexpectedly in his sleep after having the surgery.

This is an article that was done a few days ago by a journalist in Buffalo, where Cory was from. It's really good. It helps clear up what happened to him. Thanks Marv2 for your explanation as well. I see in the comments that someone else had a similar issue with a relative.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/chautauqua-county/rock-star-cory-wells-was-fighting-cancer-apparently-died-of-infection-family-says-20151023

I believe e also sang lead on Try a Little Tenderness

very soulful voice