[REMOVE ADS]

Thanks Glen!

I knew a great deal about their story so I knew this episode was going to be rough to watch.

I'm eager to see this. I didn't know that TC died until last year and it hurt me to find out. He had one of the smoothest tenor voices of his generation. 'Tears' and 'Here I Go Again' both give me chills when I hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I'm eager to see this. I didn't know that TC died until last year and it hurt me to find out. He had one of the smoothest tenor voices of his generation. 'Tears' and 'Here I Go Again' both give me chills when I hear them.

Wow, yep he died over 15 years ago. I remember them announcing it on WBLS as I was driving home from work one day.

I'll have to watch this at some point but I can't just yet because I know it's gonna f*ck with
    my head a bit and I'm already going through some sh*t right now. I still remember meeting
    TCD years back and I remember when he died too. What a loss! That was a sangin' ass brother....

When the show said they toured; man, did they tour. I saw them with everybody and anybody; they toured their behinds off. It seems they were on every show I went to; I would chuckle to myself when the announcements would come on the air "featuring the Force MD's." I never remember them headlining a show.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I'll have to watch this at some point but I can't just yet because I know it's gonna f*ck with
    my head a bit and I'm already going through some sh*t right now. I still remember meeting
    TCD years back and I remember when he died too. What a loss! That was a sangin' ass brother....
    Splanky, it is pretty rough. Those guys were in my age group.

I just watched it. It's both sad and reaffirming. I'm glad that most of the surviving members seem to be doing well and are better for their experience. It's one of the few 'Unsung' episodes that didn't reveal the universal reasons that good groups break up prematurely - sex, drugs, jealousy and/or money. And to see that three of those brothers passed at such a young age is truly heartbreaking. I had their first four records and I loved their sound, so I'm glad for their output and that I could see some of their backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I just watched it. It's both sad and reaffirming. I'm glad that most of the surviving members seem to be doing well and are better for their experience. It's one of the few 'Unsung' episodes that didn't reveal the universal reasons that good groups break up prematurely - sex, drugs, jealousy and/or money. And to see that three of those brothers passed at such a young age is truly heartbreaking. I had their first four records and I loved their sound, so I'm glad for their output and that I could see some of their backstory.
    The final seconds as the credits rolled showing TC singing in the street from a video was iconic!