[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne Warwick in Manchester 6th Oct '15 - 'Anyone Who Had A Heart'

She is something else!

She's still fantastic.

Yes she is. Check out this segment and how she handled her discomfort before going into singing "I'll Never Fall In Love Again".......amazing!

Fabulous. Catching up...

She gets a pair of slippers after I Say A Little Prayer. LOL

Seems like Dionne really had a great time in Manchester

Dionne was very professional in Manchester and outshone Roberta and Mary that night. In truth I was generally disappointed in the concert as a whole. Perhaps I was expecting too much and I came away feeling short changed which is why I haven't previously mentioned it on this forum.

What a shame Bluebrock.

Dionne's performance seemed quite cosy but at the same time entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    What a shame Bluebrock.

Dionne's performance seemed quite cosy but at the same time entertaining.
    As I said previously Dionne was the best of the bunch. I have seen her live on many occasions and of course when she was in her prime she was something else. Her voice is obviously nowhere near what it was but she looked like she was enjoying herself and she was as professional as you would expect. I don't think I would bother to go and see her again. I wish I could be more positive but maybe I got caught up in the moment and expected more than I was likely to get. Ever the optimist!!!

Why did we hear so little about these concerts or this tour? Was it a tour or a few concerts?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Why did we hear so little about these concerts or this tour? Was it a tour or a few concerts?
    You didn't hear a lot about it. It was a big ass deal! LOL! Didn't you and your buds comment on the fact that the Drifters were fake or something? There are performance clips of this tour all over Youtube. I know Mary Wilson was featured in several pre-tour interviews, etc,etc, etc.

The "tour" was in fact just 3 dates in the UK and I think a handful of dates in Europe. In fairness it did receive a lot of publicity over here. Both Dionne and Mary made TV and radio appearances to promote it. I didn't see Roberta promoting it, nor the fake Drifters but it was also advertised in the press. If you are based in the USA that would explain why you didn't hear much about it.

Makes sense.

And the two reviews I've seen weren't great on Mary or Dionne.

Makes sense.

And the two reviews I've seen weren't great on Mary or Dionne.
    The reviews were generally poor, and I have to reluctantly agree with them. I have seen some disappointing gigs in my time and this one was up there with the worst I'm afraid. As I stated previously I think I went to the show expecting too much.