[REMOVE ADS]

SMOKEY ROBINSON & BARBARA MITCHELL - Blame It On Love

Whatever happened to Barbara Mitchell formerly of High Inergy?

Great song,from the album[essar]

No, the song wasn't from Smokey's "Essar" album but was originally included on High Inergy's "Groove Patrol" album and then when it was issued as a single by Smokey and Barbara Mitchell it was used as the title track for the Smokey compilation "Blame It On Love & All The Great Hits".

Ivor

Opps-err-ahem-hehe...you're right[darn hooch]thanks lasedk.

It's cool. I just remember this being on the radio sometime after the Motown 25 Special. I am curious to know whatever happened to Barbara.

Barbara Mitchell is married with I think three kids now and resides in Columbus, GA. She does occasional voiceover work for radio and tv commercials. She did a gospel album many years ago, some label out of Arkansas I want to say.

The record label for Blame It On Love read Smokey Robinson with High Inergy. But on the charts it was listed as Smokey Robinson and Barbara Mitchell. The second single off Groove Patrol was intended to be the title track. High Inergy made an impressive appearance on Soul Train at this time with new member Pat Douglas replacing Michelle Rumph. [[Douglas was a last minute stand-in for Michelle on Motown 25).

Instead of releasing the Groove Patrol single, Barbara Mitchell let it be known that she was leaving to go with producer George Tobin to MCA. Gordy would not let her out of her contract however. To appease her the billing featured her name on the single and Motown was going to launch her as a soloist. But Barbara was determined not to remain at Motown. So, High Inergy dissolved and about a year later Barbara released the excellent Get Me Through The Night lp on Capitol. There was no promotion and the lp sank. Another lp on another label also failed so Barbara packed up and went home to Georgia. She occasionally works with sister Vernessa Mitchell on record and on stage.

Someone had mentioned a while back that one of the Mitchell girls was going to join SD but I don't think that ever happen.

Vernessa was going to join when Turnin' On was issued on CD. I warned her this site was a blood bath