Chaka Khan
    Los Lobos
    Steve Miller
    Nine Inch Nails
    NWA
    The Smiths
    The Spinners
    Yes

After all of the public complaints about the Hall no longer nominating older acts, they did seem to make a concentrated effort to reach back at least as far as the 70s for more nominations [[this was Chicago's first nomination). They don't seem to want to reach back to the '60s anymore. Dionne Warwick, Lesley Gore and rockin' Connie Francis don't look likely to ever be inducted. That may even be the case for The Marvelettes.

Which five acts would you vote for if you had a ballot? I would select Chic, Chicago, Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, and The Spinners.

Ok...for Chicago, The JB's, Los Lobos, & The Spinners.

The rest are too new, there are still qualified artist's from the late 1940's, 1950's, 1960's, & early 1970's who should come first before any later artist's.

S.S.

Wynonie Harris is STILL not in. That tells you all you need to know about the "Rock n Roll" Hall of Fame. A sham and a shame if there ever was one. 5 Royales just inducted last year and ABBA and so much other garbage inducted first.

Another problem that I have is that they induct R&B/Soul acts. There should be a Nationaly recognised R&B/Soul Hall of Fame. I love many of the soul and R&B acts who have been admitted, but many[[to me) do not belong in the RRHOF. Love the Spinners, but
    I don't see what they did to change the face of music.

Not a fan, but Yes definitely got progressive music on the map. But no Procol Harum! Chakha RNR? Aretha RNR? Not in my book...

Yes, they are RNR. So, in a way, is Steve Lawrence. On the Detroit Radio Flashbacks Facebook page, someone is counting down Keener 13 music guides by week. Looking at them makes one realise what a big tent "rock and roll" was at one time and at the risk of sounding old, I wish it was still that way, not pushed into the little format boxes that it's in now.

BTW, sub The Steve Miller Band for Chicago, and I'll pretty much agree with Soul Sister. I think Miller's body of work is better.

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    Another problem that I have is that they induct R&B/Soul acts. There should be a Nationaly recognised R&B/Soul Hall of Fame. I love many of the soul and R&B acts who have been admitted, but many[[to me) do not belong in the RRHOF. Love the Spinners, but
    I don't see what they did to change the face of music.

Not a fan, but Yes definitely got progressive music on the map. But no Procol Harum! Chakha RNR? Aretha RNR? Not in my book...
    So, who does belong in the R&R HOF?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    So, who does belong in the R&R HOF?
    If you are challenging me, make it clear what opinion you want from me. Do you mean who has still not been inducted, or artists who are in that I agree with? Or R&B/Soul artists who are in who I feel have contributed to what is known as Rock N Roll? Or any artist in general?

Here are 2 links that any commentors should look at before going any further, especialy the first one.

Induction Process
    https://rockhall.com/inductees/induction-process/

Who is presently in...
    https://rockhall.com/inductees/alphabetical/

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    If you are challenging me, make it clear what opinion you want from me. Do you mean who has still not been inducted, or artists who are in that I agree with? Or R&B/Soul artists who are in who I feel have contributed to what is known as Rock N Roll? Or any artist in general?
    I'm not challenging you. For the sake of discussion, i'm trying to get an opinion of whom you don't think belongs in there, and why.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-15-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I'm not challenging you. For the sake of discussion, i'm trying to get an opinion of whom you don't think belongs in there, and why.
    This will take some time to do. I'll need at least a week to look at who is in there and making a list of who and why I don't think they belong.