[REMOVE ADS]

SPINNERS nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

That is good news. They were one of my favorite soul acts of the seventies

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    That is good news. They were one of my favorite soul acts of the seventies
    Mine too. I cannot wait for the expanded version of their Atlantic debut due in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Mine too. I cannot wait for the expanded version of their Atlantic debut due in November.
    I am unaware of an expanded version. Can you provide further details on it?

And here is a link for the fan vote page:

http://rockhall.com/voting/2016-rock...nominees-vote/

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    http://shop.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=5245

It will be a must have purchase!!

Here is a link showing the bonus tracks, and also it can be ordered directly at this link

http://shop.cherryred.co.uk/bigbreak-exd.asp?id=5245

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Here is a link showing the bonus tracks, and also it can be ordered directly at this link

http://shop.cherryred.co.uk/bigbreak-exd.asp?id=5245
    A question. I am totally unfamiliar with Cherry Red Records. I definitely want to purchase this CD, however, it seems very complicated figuring out how much the shipping cost to the USA will be. Does anyone know if this CD will be available from any USA sources so I don't spend as much to have it shipped as the CD costs? It would be a lot easier to deal with a USA outfit.

This is their second nomination, right? Here's hope they get in...

Here ya go, Woodward, although you'll be spending $10 more on the CD, so it just might be a wash anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Spinners-Expan...words=spinners

Spinners, Chic, and Chicago! It's about time! Of course, the rock crowd will whine.

I'v always loved The Spinners music,i hope they have good luck,this time around.

Although I feel that they should have been in 10-15 years ago, I am happy that they are under consideration at this time. Go Spinners!

I'm happy that the Spinners are nominated, but really happy that Chic is up. They were extremely influential in not only R&B, but rock music, too. Until the last few years, "Le Freak" was Atlantic Record's biggest selling single in that company's history!

How much weight does fan voting carry in this process?

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I'm not sure how the public gets to vote alongside the industry people and artists, but they allowed it for the last three years.

It is interesting that this is the second year in a row that Chic has been nominated. They really need to be in there.

I'm not sure how the public gets to vote alongside the industry people and artists, but they allowed it for the last three years.

It is interesting that this is the second year in a row that Chic has been nominated. They really need to be in there.

I'd also like to see Yes and Chicago in there.

And Chic's 10th time on the ballot. Those rock purists are really snobs.

Yes they are. Soul music has always been deemed as 2nd class by the rock purists. It's only really since Marvin's death that he has been fully embraced by these people, and Chic were slated quite viciously by the rock press at the time.

Oh they are! I deal with them every day. It's also amazing how many people out there hate R&B! I think a lot of it has to do with racism, but that's the topic of another thread.

These rock snobs are quite ignorant when it comes to their chosen music, too. Everything they know and love about rock music grew out of "race" music. Hell, rock is nothing but jacked-up blues music.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    ...and Chic were slated quite viciously by the rock press at the time.
    but, that's not my memory, though. I recall that they were the Critic's darlings. In fact, bernard Edwards and Nile Edwards always freely admitted that they were rockers at heart, and didn't really like disco when it came around, and they only used disco to get to the level of doing rock music. Oh, Nile lives it now, but he has gone on record several times about his true love.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    Here ya go, Woodward, although you'll be spending $10 more on the CD, so it just might be a wash anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Spinners-Expan...words=spinners
    I did some comparison costing information.
    Ordering from the UK 10.95 plus 3.92 shipping 22.81 USD

Ordering from Amazon 26.99 plus 2.95 [[Est. Shipping) $29.94

Savings of $7. Maybe by that time the Amazon price will come down. But I also stand the risk of it getting lost enroute from the UK to the USA, but that has never happened.

FYI.

Yeah, those cats almost crapped gold bricks when Donna Summer was inducted posthumously. It'll be interesting to see how Chaka and Janet will be treated this go-round. By the way, the fact that Rufus & Chaka aren't in there already is absolutely criminal. And Soulster, you better PREACH on the nascent racism at play.

Yeah, those cats almost crapped gold bricks when Donna Summer was inducted posthumously. It'll be interesting to see how Chaka and Janet will be treated this go-round. By the way, the fact that Rufus & Chaka aren't in there already is absolutely criminal. And Soulster, you better PREACH on the nascent racism at play.
    I do, but they just turn around and call me a racist for mentioning it.

If Chaka Khan does not get in there, then something is very wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    If Chaka Khan does not get in there, then something is very wrong!
    I can see Chaka Khan not getting in as a solo artist, but i'm thinking they should have nominated the whole Rufus band too.

Here's the thing... There are at least 3 groups who deserve to be before all else. They are Chicago, Yes, and Deep Purple. Their omission from the Rock Hall for this long is rather embarrassing. All 3 should have been inducted in 15 years ago. I guarantee those 3 will get in this year especially Chicago. Now, the other two spots could really go to anyone. With the recent box office hit on N.W.A. they have a edge to get in over the others although I don't think they should even be considered. People will argue with me over that, but I could name you at least 10 more artists/groups who are a hell of a lot more deserving to be on the ballot. Janet Jackson also has some momentum working for her with her comeback, but I don't feel she should be inducted...at least not this early. Although I do enjoy Chic, I just don't feel their impact is strong enough to place them in the Rock Hall. At least on this ballot. Maybe in the next few years. I'm sure the diehard rockers will either want the Cars or Cheap Trick, but there needs to be some diversity and it certainly won't be both. I personally would love to see the Spinners take the fourth spot. Their induction would be well deserved and they need to be in the Rock Hall. And then there's the rest...Steve Miller, Nine Inch Nails, Los Lobos, The J.B.'s, Chaka Khan, The Smiths...Don't think any of them stand a chance.

My predictions/my vote:
    - Chicago
    - Deep Purple
    - Yes
    - The Spinners
    - Cheap Trick
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 10-10-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Has The Guess Who ever been nominated?

Although I am not a big fan of the R&R HOF,,, I do think The Spinners deserve their place among others who have since claimed fame. With that being said it a shame there are not more awards given where the fans have a larger amount of voting input.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Here's the thing... There are at least 3 groups who deserve to be before all else. They are Chicago, Yes, and Deep Purple. Their omission from the Rock Hall for this long is rather embarrassing. All 3 should have been inducted in 15 years ago. I guarantee those 3 will get in this year especially Chicago. Now, the other two spots could really go to anyone. With the recent box office hit on N.W.A. they have a edge to get in over the others although I don't think they should even be considered. People will argue with me over that, but I could name you at least 10 more artists/groups who are a hell of a lot more deserving to be on the ballot. Janet Jackson also has some momentum working for her with her comeback, but I don't feel she should be inducted...at least not this early. Although I do enjoy Chic, I just don't feel their impact is strong enough to place them in the Rock Hall. At least on this ballot. Maybe in the next few years. I'm sure the diehard rockers will either want the Cars or Cheap Trick, but there needs to be some diversity and it certainly won't be both. I personally would love to see the Spinners take the fourth spot. Their induction would be well deserved and they need to be in the Rock Hall. And then there's the rest...Steve Miller, Nine Inch Nails, Los Lobos, The J.B.'s, Chaka Khan, The Smiths...Don't think any of them stand a chance.

My predictions/my vote:
    - Chicago
    - Deep Purple
    - Yes
    - The Spinners
    - Cheap Trick
    I don't think Deep Purple should go in, but NWA or Chic sure should.

The reason I say neither Cheap Trick or Deep Purple shouldn't go in is they were not influential in any way that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I don't think Deep Purple should go in, but NWA or Chic sure should.

The reason I say neither Cheap Trick or Deep Purple shouldn't go in is they were not influential in any way that I can see.
    Deep Purple are pioneers of heavy metal/hard rock. Their influence is felt in just about most bands that fall into the heavy metal/hard rock genres. They definitely deserve to be in and should have been in years ago. They've waited long enough. Like I said, there are too many bands on this ballot that deserve to be in more than others. N.W.A. have momentum for them since the movie came out, but if they get in before groups like Chicago, Yes, and the Spinners then that is just plain nonsense and totally discredits the entire Rock Hall institution especially if Chicago doesn't get in.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 10-11-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Deep Purple are pioneers of heavy metal/hard rock.
    I just never heard Deep Purple as a pioneering rock band. Certainly others came before them like The Yardbirds.