[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight's New Video of JUST A LITTLE

Below is link to Gladys new video of Just A Little. She looks terrific and ageless in the opening with a gray outfit. But midway through, she changes her look and has a long wig, a hat, bright red lipstick, heavy eye makeup, and her outfit was a white blouse with black pants. I don't know why, but the instant the video switched to that image, I immediately thought of Shantel Baker. Shame on me. I love Gladys.

As for the song itself, it will have to grow on me. I prefer ballads by Gladys. And I wish her voice was more to the forefront in the mix. Blending her voice in with everything else is a trick that today's non talented singers do. Gladys doesn't need to do that.

And where is Bubba?

http://www.vh1.com/news/212378/glady...-little-video/

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Below is link to Gladys new video of Just A Little. She looks terrific and ageless in the opening with a gray outfit. But midway through, she changes her look and has a long wig, a hat, bright red lipstick, heavy eye makeup, and her outfit was a white blouse with black pants. I don't know why, but the instant the video switched to that image, I immediately thought of Shantel Baker. Shame on me. I love Gladys.

As for the song itself, it will have to grow on me. I prefer ballads by Gladys. And I wish her voice was more to the forefront in the mix. Blending her voice in with everything else is a trick that today's non talented singers do. Gladys doesn't need to do that.

And where is Bubba?

http://www.vh1.com/news/212378/glady...-little-video/
    That was great! Thank you Milven.

Did you notice the label on the LP that the guy was putting on the turntable in the beginning of the video? It looked like the Soul Label to me.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Did you notice the label on the LP that the guy was putting on the turntable in the beginning of the video? It looked like the Soul Label to me.

I certainly did. I also notice with some of the dancing they were giving a nod to Gladys & the Pips "Save the Overtime" for me vid from now over 30 years ago!

I love Gladys but this does not do it for me. I applaud her for trying something different but this does not test those considerable vocal chops and as milven says it would be better suited to a vocalist of lesser ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I love Gladys but this does not do it for me. I applaud her for trying something different but this does not test those considerable vocal chops and as milven says it would be better suited to a vocalist of lesser ability.
    I would agree she still has those amazing pipes and this song is just too lightweight - it's also kinda old fashioned and a bit disco. It sounds just like every song a writer hands over to a veteran artists making a comeback and Gladys is far too good for that. Hopefully the album will have something for her to wrap those lovely vocals around. She looks pretty good too, certainly in the first half of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    I would agree she still has those amazing pipes and this song is just too lightweight - it's also kinda old fashioned and a bit disco. It sounds just like every song a writer hands over to a veteran artists making a comeback and Gladys is far too good for that. Hopefully the album will have something for her to wrap those lovely vocals around. She looks pretty good too, certainly in the first half of the video.
    Yes indeed Paul. She looked and sounded wonderful in Manchester recently. The lady deserves better than this. Hopefully the album will contain material better suited to her magnificent voice.

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I like it.
    Maybe it will grow on me. I shall give it a couple more listens. Cheers.