[REMOVE ADS]

The Original Video for "Me and Mrs. Jones" by Billy Paul

Here's one I have never seen. I guess because back at the time of it's release we did not have any video programs or channels. Check it out:

Blocked in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Blocked in the UK
    Darn it! Why do they do that?

To annoy me.....

...and they succeeded.

Marv, I used to see the Abba videos on the Midnight Special... I think in the United States, we didn't see these promo videos very often because we had American Bandstand, Soul Train, Mike Douglas, Dinah, Merv Griffin, etc that all the artists would appear on live. These videos many times were sent off the foreign countries by the record company to be played on music oriented shows in places like Israel, Australia, Japan, most anywhere... far away locales that some artists may or may not be traveling to. This way it promotes the recording without the artist having to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Marv, I used to see the Abba videos on the Midnight Special... I think in the United States, we didn't see these promo videos very often because we had American Bandstand, Soul Train, Mike Douglas, Dinah, Merv Griffin, etc that all the artists would appear on live. These videos many times were sent off the foreign countries by the record company to be played on music oriented shows in places like Israel, Australia, Japan, most anywhere... far away locales that some artists may or may not be traveling to. This way it promotes the recording without the artist having to go there.
    I understand. It's kind of like back around 1979-80 those videos by folks like Paul McCartney and Wings. Actually I think the Beatles were some of the first to use videos in lieu of in person performances. I remember as a kid seeing videos of "Penny Lane" and "Strawberry Fields" on the Ed Sullivan Show as they were no longer touring at that point.