[REMOVE ADS]

Jean Terrell - Everything To Me

Here's a nice one a favorite of mine of Jean's later work....."Everything to Me"

Thanks Marv. When was this recorded? Jean has such a great soulful voice.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks Marv. When was this recorded? Jean has such a great soulful voice.
    You're most welcome. I use to know the year but I think it was in the 90s. Help me somebody?

It is from
    Various Artists

The Best of Motorcity Records, Vol. 5

which was released in 1995.

Jean recorded some good stuff at Motorcity. Much of Ian Levine's stuff was mediocre but he did come up with the odd gem here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Jean recorded some good stuff at Motorcity. Much of Ian Levine's stuff was mediocre but he did come up with the odd gem here and there.
    I agree with that. He should have learnt from Motown and had a quality control department

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I agree with that. He should have learnt from Motown and had a quality control department
    Yes indeed. There was usually one or two gems on each album but as for the rest- mediocre cover versions and poor high energy style stompers. Ian was very enthusiastic and in his defence he did come across some difficult former Motown performers whom I shall refrain from naming here.

His heart overruled his head. His desire to release some output on every former Motown act was commendable, but impractical in terms of achieving regular chart success.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    His heart overruled his head. His desire to release some output on every former Motown act was commendable, but impractical in terms of achieving regular chart success.
    Sad but true. Luckily we can pick and choose which songs we enjoy and listen to.