[REMOVE ADS]

A question for all members

In the spirit of this special day[sdf-birthday]how many can recall the first post you made?[no i can't]

If it wasn't the very first post I made, it's in the top three :

Word Association thread - 09.06.2010 - 06.14am - post #282
    Up the ladder to the roof

That's a good question. It was before the "Arruuugggghhhh..." thread, before SITSOM was released, probably something about Motown backing tracks. I remember asking about backup singers. "What did they do, look around and say "We've got a Pip, two Marvelettes and a couple of Tops here, we can use them".

I was really dumb back then......not to imply I'm any smarter now.

It was probably to do with Jobete songs for which there were no known recordings, or unallocated numbers in Motown discographies.

I have no idea. I found it right after the Queen Latifah forum closed up.

Sometime in 2002, I asked Bob Babbitt to list his top 10 Motown songs that he played bass on and believe it or not he replied back, and I sent another requesting his top 10- non Motown songs that he played bass on and he also sent me this, I could not believe it, I printed it out and still have it with all my Motown things. It was pretty cool in the old days, I would also get the legendary Mike McLean to reply to several of my post, and later when my all time favorite singer Levi died I sent his daughter Deborah my condolences and told her about how I had the opportunity to talk with her Dad for more than 5 minutes, back when I was just 19 years old and told her what a thrill it was and how nice he treated me. She was very thankful for sharing this story with her.
    Lot of greats have been so nice to me on this site over the years and appreciate all of their info, including Ralph and Dennis and so many more.

Just went into the archives and found the thread I started that ended up as one of the legendary threads, titled the ultimate Motown song, it had long legs and goes back to 2001, wow 14 years ago.
    By the way my song was I Can't Help Myself.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  21.1 KB
    No! I cannot remember the subject of my first post, early in 2002. My friend Rod Shard [[RodS on this forum) recommended me to come here. I probably had a question regarding a 1960s 45 release on a Detroit label. I'm sure I got the answer from Ron Murphy, or someone else who was in the business back then, perhaps an artist, producer, arranger , or even label owner answered it? Unfortunately, I can't look it up, as all the pre 2003 threads were lost when Lowell transferred the forum's platform.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    In the spirit of this special day[sdf-birthday]how many can recall the first post you made?[no i can't]
    Me neither. I can't even remember what year it was.

It was in late 2003 & it was likely some kind of artist discography overview. I need to check my hard drive to see if I saved it.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    No way I can remember. I do remember feeling a bit homesick in New York City and did a search for Detroit boards, discussion sites and that's when I found Soulful Detroit back in 2003.

I think that was the year i came in also,i go to the archives from time to time.