[REMOVE ADS]

A Touch of Classic Soul mag R.I.P.

To all concerned,

Please note that I have made a decision to shut down the publication of A Touch of Classic Soul: The Music You Love from Back in the Day effective immediately. There is no tipping point; after nine-plus years of this, I simply just do not want to do this anymore.

To any subscribers here, you will be reimbursed for any unfulfilled issues on your subscription.

To Ralph, I can’t thank you enough for having allowed me to use the Forum to post information about the publication of every issue going back to the beginning of 2006. btw, I think you do a FANTASTIC job here with the Forum.

To all subscribers and supporters, I thank you for your patronage.

Special shout-out goes to Juice and Tresjolie, who I ran the streets with back in 2006-07; going to various concerts and classic soul functions; particular the latter who, hooked me up with countless interviews over the years and, on three occasions in 2006-07 loaned me the money to pay the printing bill.

After 9-plus years of this and 25 years of writing about soul music in general; as they say, “it’s been real.” I’ve picked up my last pen.

To all, Be Blessed.

Soulfully yours,
    Marc T.
    aloivta2@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for your efforts Mark, they haven't been in vain. I just wish you could have gotten a hold of The Fuzz for an interview. What's the story on back issues now.

Marc!

I'm really sorry to hear this. I liked your mag a lot. As I've mentioned you before, "it's a keeper."

Best regards
    Heikki

I must have been out of the loop because I cannot recall having heard of your magazine. But if you were kind enough to feature the lovely Phyllis Hyman on the cover and perhaps do a story on her, then you were indeed a CLASSY publication. Sorry I missed you all these years.

Love you bro!!! You know I got you regardless!

Question- is there still a way people can order back issues?

A very sad day indeed!

Marc, I've sorry to hear this sad news, very sorry to hear this.

We travelled down a lot of roads, "A Touch Of Classic Soul" helped us to bring a lot of great pictures & reviews to Soulful Detroit. Your coverage of the David Letterman taping helped bring the great Russell Thompkins Jr. to our forum, not to mention the coverage of the great "SoulTrip USA", Freddie Scott, The R&B Music Foundation Pioneer Awards, Bettye LaVette, just to mention a few events which "A Touch Of Classic Soul helped bring to Soulful Detroit.

I wish you all the best with your future endeavors & lament the fact that we have one less publication & champion for our music.

Best of everything to you Marc. God bless you & thank you for all of your hard work.

My favorite music magazine..EVER. Thank you and all the best to you.

Mr. June: I had tried since '05 to do something on the Fuzz. Juice had actually been able to get in contact with one of the ladies, but the interview jut never happened. As far as back issues, hit me up at aloivta2@aol.com

Heikki: From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all of your support, going back to the first issue.

Tres: Love U2. People should reach out to me at aloivta2@aol.com or check the archives for any Touch of Classic Soul threads. The links to back issues should still be there.

Juice: Thanks, bro. We'll catch up soon.

Luke: Thank you, and thanks for always being the first one to pop in here when I post about a new issue.

Be Blessed all,
    Soulfully yours,
    Marc T.
    aloivta2@aol.com

Yes, really sad news, although the amount of work and writing time Marc puts into the magazine must be very demanding. As Juice says 'one less publication & champion for our music'...........and it's especially hard, if not impossible, to find magazines that truly cover 'classic soul'. Thank you Marc, for the years and pages of dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by mellow_q View Post
    To all concerned,

Please note that I have made a decision to shut down the publication of A Touch of Classic Soul: The Music You Love from Back in the Day effective immediately. There is no tipping point; after nine-plus years of this, I simply just do not want to do this anymore.

To any subscribers here, you will be reimbursed for any unfulfilled issues on your subscription.

To Ralph, I can’t thank you enough for having allowed me to use the Forum to post information about the publication of every issue going back to the beginning of 2006. btw, I think you do a FANTASTIC job here with the Forum.

To all subscribers and supporters, I thank you for your patronage.

Special shout-out goes to Juice and Tresjolie, who I ran the streets with back in 2006-07; going to various concerts and classic soul functions; particular the latter who, hooked me up with countless interviews over the years and, on three occasions in 2006-07 loaned me the money to pay the printing bill.

After 9-plus years of this and 25 years of writing about soul music in general; as they say, “it’s been real.” I’ve picked up my last pen.

To all, Be Blessed.

Soulfully yours,
    Marc T.
    aloivta2@aol.com
    Thank you for all the great interviews Marc which I so much enjoyed. Your customer service was excellent and I wish you God's Blessings!

Marc: Sorry the time has come, but I do feel you on that. Nine years is a good innings and you always kept it classy. Congratulations and move on with a good job done.

Marc, I didn't subscribe to the magazine for the simple reason that I couldn't afford to.
    My own economy collapsed over a year before the rest of the country's did and that meant
    scraping every cent to start over at 50 +....The issues I did enjoy I got second hand from
    a friend and I feel Juice's expression of rue about this turn of events. Still, I salute you for
    all of the work you've done including the Marvelettes story. Hell, for that alone I'm eternally
    grateful. Best of luck whatever you choose to do...

Hey Marc,
    All the best to you in your next chapter.

Sorry to hear of this. I enjoyed your newspaper very much. Always looked forward to it. Good luck on your future endeavors and best wishes. If I am due a refund, keep it. Thanks again.

Tyrone Tyler

Marc, did you sell out some of the issues that were published?