[REMOVE ADS]

I'm Gonna Make You Love Me - BLUE MAGIC & MARGIE JOSEPH

Yesterday, I was listening to some of my old Blue Magic and came across I'm Gonna Make You Love Me by them. I was just looking for it on You Tube to post here, but found this live version by Blue Magic and Margie Joseph. I never had their live LP, but probably heard this many times by them back in the day, but it just did not register with me. I love the Temps/Supremes version, but I think this BM/MJ version is terrific. Love it today. Give it a listen.

Yes I love this version too. I also love Madeline Bell's version and didn't Dee Dee Warwick also record it? Thanks for posting.

I've had the LIVE album, and later the cd for years and I don't even remember this song being on it. I do remember being underwhelmed by their version of Diana and Marvin's YOU'RE A SPECIAL PART OF ME. But I like this one a lot, even though it doesn't sound live.

I am not a fan of live albums. I'll usually listen them once or twice and then go back to studio albums. That's why, even though I was familiar with the LP when released, I really do not remember this cut. I think that one of the reasons that I do like it now is because , as you pointed out, it does not sound live.

This thread has made me want to dig out my "old" Blue Magic and Margie Joseph cd's.
    I love both of these acts. This era was such a wonderful time for quality soul music. I am grateful we have this vast catalogue of classic sounds to listen to in these cold, clinical and soulless times.

I was born with Motown, but Philly was my real era, always loved this track by Blue Magic and Margie, how blessed to live in two such great era's, and to meet so many of these real talents and interview them.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    I was born with Motown, but Philly was my real era, always loved this track by Blue Magic and Margie, how blessed to live in two such great era's, and to meet so many of these real talents and interview them.
    Lucky you!! I got to meet several great stars, several who are no longer with us, and as you quite correctly say there were/are great talents. The 60's and 70's are golden eras for real Soul Music. I'm not saying it went totally downhill from there but no way were subsequent decades anywhere near as consistently good as the 60's and 70's.