[REMOVE ADS]

Soulful Detroit's "Ignore" Option

Here's how it works:
    After you log in, click the "Settings" tab, which will take you to your account page. On the left hand side there is a "My Account" list; under that list click "Edit Ignore List" and the page will give you the option to enter the user names of the posters you wish to ignore.

I think my mom had one of those posted over my door.

I felt sorry for your mother, too

Sorry,no see i'm the success of the family,graduated bottom of my class ten years running,i was voted lease likely to ever amount to anything well look at me today a successful buisinessman right here in da hood,with hustlers-opps-err-ahem-hehe..with employees hustling to keep things moving along,my loansharks-opps-err-ahem-hehe..my loan officers check on my many loans to see if things are running smoothly and if not they'll bust some heads-opps-err-ahem-hehe..they'll bustle to help the people so see i'm loved and needed here in da hood.

You forgot to mention that you are currently an active member of Soulful Detroit forum.

This immediately labels you as someone who isn't safe to be allowed out to walk around.

Well judges have been tellin me that for years.

They're only let out long enough to judge a few people, then it's quickly back inside for them.....

I'm ignoring that...

Me too.............

I got[ignore me]bottons over here for oh...200% on the dollar get em while they're cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Here's how it works:
    After you log in, click the "Settings" tab, which will take you to your account page. On the left hand side there is a "My Account" list; under that list click "Edit Ignore List" and the page will give you the option to enter the user names of the posters you wish to ignore.
    You can also ignore a member by going to their profile page and choosing the option "add to ignore list"

Hey i'm out here in the rain with all these buttons[ignore me]and not a sniff...are you all ignoring me???

Being serious for a moment, isn't using the "Ignore" button rather like an ostrich burying his head in the sand? If a member I had on Ignore made a disparaging reply to one of my posts, I'd want to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Being serious for a moment, isn't using the "Ignore" button rather like an ostrich burying his head in the sand? If a member I had on Ignore made a disparaging reply to one of my posts, I'd want to know about it.
    Because I don't see it, I don't get upset. I prefer it that way. I respect that you feel differently and I suspect that there are more like you than me.

I would be even happier if the IGNORE function was extended to prevent those on my IGNORE list from viewing my posts.

It's sad that an 'ignore' feature is sometimes needed. There are fewer trolls on SDF than on other message boards that I've gone to [[I don't spend a lot of time in the Motown Forum, I'd imagine there are a few there). I'm amazed that some feel compelled to get on the internet and write things that they'd never say to others. But the Information Super Highway doesn't require a driving test, does it?

I can't understand why anyone gets a kick out of making someone else feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Hey i'm out here in the rain with all these buttons[ignore me]and not a sniff...are you all ignoring me???
    You can't compete with free, bro! You've been charging too much!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Because I don't see it, I don't get upset. I prefer it that way. I respect that you feel differently and I suspect that there are more like you than me.

I would be even happier if the IGNORE function was extended to prevent those on my IGNORE list from viewing my posts.
    You can still view an ignored person's posts at any time.

Sound Forge used to use a forum software that completely removed all hints of an ignored person's existence. The ignored person completely, totally, 100% disappeared to the person who ignored them. You couldn't even find their name anywhere on the member's list.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I can't understand why anyone gets a kick out of making someone else feel bad.
    Wow. You really hurt my feelings with that one...

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    you can't compete with free, bro! You've been charging too much!
    psss, is that you over there behind that[nixon]mask soulster,no wonder i can't do any business you giving away free samples....ok now i'm playing hardball-hurry,hurry get em while they're hot for every perchase you get a lifesized poster of[littlebits]in a thong....of course you may need a ten foot ceiling to hang it.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    psss, is that you over there behind that[nixon]mask soulster,no wonder i can't do any business you giving away free samples....ok now i'm playing hardball-hurry,hurry get em while they're hot for every perchase you get a lifesized poster of[littlebits]in a thong....of course you may need a ten foot ceiling to hang it.
    But wait! There's more! If you buy now, you'll get your very own copy of SDF: The Movie: The Ross/Wilson Battle! If you act now, you can get the DVD, Blu-ray, and a digital download all for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Wow. You really hurt my feelings with that one...
    I think I can feel a headache coming on...

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    But wait! There's more! If you buy now, you'll get your very own copy of SDF: The Movie: The Ross/Wilson Battle! If you act now, you can get the DVD, Blu-ray, and a digital download all for free!
    Soulster, that's a good one!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...i ain't touchin that one.

And, not coming to a theatre near you this christmas, the SDF movie the critics are already panning: "Is She Pregnant at 72?" starring Diana Ross!

SAY WEST,MY GOOD FELLOW READ ABOVE POST...I THINK THERE'S A ROLE FOR AN[UNAMED]SUPERSTAR TO BE NAMED LATER...SOULSTER DO YOU SEE THAT CLOUD OF DUST OFF IN THE DISTANCE?IT'S THE ARMY OF FANS OF CERTAIN FORMER LEAD SINGER[NOT TO BE NAMED LATER]HEADING YOUR WAY...[I'd get out of town if I were you]WORD ON THE STREET SAYS WORDS LIKE[BURN AT THE STEAK[and I ain't talkin bout greasy grady's]AND TAR AND FEATHERS HAVE BEEN HEARD....EVEN THE GOLDEN TURKEY COMMITEE WON'T TOUCH THIS ONE.....RUN!!!

Don't worry arr, i'm ready for 'em!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!