[REMOVE ADS]

Extended remastered version of sister sledge's "circle of love" on the way

Big Break Records will soon be releasing an extended remastered version of Sister Sledge's 1975 debut recording "Circle of Love" with several rare non-album singles included. The single "Love Don't You Go through No Changes On Me" was a northern soul favorite that set the sisters up for what would be a pretty successful career. The Phil Hurtt/Tony Bell penned singles "The Weatherman" and "Mama Never Told Me" were the sisters introduction to Atco Records. There is also an extended Tom Moulton remix of "Mama Never Told Me". Other additional tracks include the gospel tune "Have You Met My Friend", an impressive remake of "Neither One Of Us [[Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)", "Love Has Found Me", "Love Ain’t Easy", "Thank You For Today" and"Have Love Will Travel". A release date hasn't been set yet but definitely something to look forward to as "Circle of Love" had some noteworthy tracks on it also.

Thanks for the heads up, glencro. Sister Sledge recorded some great tracks at Sigma Sound. Tom Moulton's extended mix of "Mama Never Told Me" is my favorite example. Those mighty string passages are HOT! Thanks again. I'll pre-order my copy as soon as it becomes available on Amazon.

You're welcome Phillies/Motown Gary. Anything that Tom Moulton touches is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    You're welcome Phillies/Motown Gary. Anything that Tom Moulton touches is gold.
    You're right, glencro. To my ears, Tom Moulton is the best remixer ever. I wonder when we'll get his latest Various Artists remix CD -- the one that's been scheduled and re-scheduled umteen times. The last I heard, the projected release date was September 2015. I just checked Amazon [[U.S.) but there's no mention.of it whatsoever for Pre-order nor anything else. I wonder what's going on with it?

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Big Break Records will soon be releasing an extended remastered version of Sister Sledge's 1975 debut recording "Circle of Love" with several rare non-album singles included. The single "Love Don't You Go through No Changes On Me" was a northern soul favorite that set the sisters up for what would be a pretty successful career. The Phil Hurtt/Tony Bell penned singles "The Weatherman" and "Mama Never Told Me" were the sisters introduction to Atco Records. There is also an extended Tom Moulton remix of "Mama Never Told Me". Other additional tracks include the gospel tune "Have You Met My Friend", an impressive remake of "Neither One Of Us [[Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)", "Love Has Found Me", "Love Ain’t Easy", "Thank You For Today" and"Have Love Will Travel". A release date hasn't been set yet but definitely something to look forward to as "Circle of Love" had some noteworthy tracks on it also.
    Glencro - Thanks for the heads up on this. I love Sister Sledge. I already have this album on vinyl and cd but an expanded version sounds wonderful. It is a strong album in it's original form but the additional tracks should make it totally essential. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I already have this album on vinyl and cd but an expanded version sounds wonderful. It is a strong album in it's original form but the additional tracks should make it totally essential.
    Bluebrock, I, too, have Sister Sledge's Philly album on CD and anxiously await the expanded CD version. In fact, their first Philly/Sigma Sound album was so good, I've always wondered why they didn't record a second album there. The girls' rich harmonies fit the style of the Philly writers, arrangers, and producers to a tee.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-24-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Bluebrock, I, too, have Sister Sledge's Philly album on CD and anxiously await the expanded CD version. In fact, their first Philly/Sigma Sound album was so good, I've always wondered why they didn't record a second album there. The girls' rich harmonies fit the style of the Philly writers, arrangers, and producers to a tee.
    I totally agree. To these ears they never sounded sweeter. Sadly it wasn't a major seller and I was fearing they would never make the big time. Such fears of course were unfounded once Edwards and Rodgers came on the scene, but I still maintain their finest work was done in Philly.

The scheduled release date is Jan. 2016 and commemorates the 40th anniversary of Circle of Love . Here's the link http://shop.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=5278
    Last edited by glencro; 12-08-2015 at 11:49 AM.