[REMOVE ADS]

A question for all temptaholics

Something that has bugged me for awhile is the fact that[oh mother of mine]is not included on[meet the temptations]does anyone know the reason for this oversight?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Something that has bugged me for awhile is the fact that[oh mother of mine]is not included on[meet the temptations]does anyone know the reason for this oversight?
    I think it was done another Detroit record label. Let me check it out.

Well, it was released on the Miracle label imprint. Maybe they wanted all new fresh material recorded for "Meet the Temptations".

Oh yeah the miracles lable...if it's a hit it's miracle-berry gordy.

Berry had a good sense of humor. LOL!

Interestingly enough the b-side, "Check Yourself", was included on the album.

Interesting that OMOM was excluded but CY wasn't since CY was on Miracle too as a b-side [[as lockhart pointed out).

Maybe berry didn't want it included.

Probably because 'Oh Mother Of Mine' was not a hit, the compilers of the album didn't think it was strong enough to be on it and remember, there was only room for 12 songs on an album back then.

And let's not forget, they also neglected to put the single that The Temps released as The Pirates, 'Mind Over Matter'/'I'll Love You 'til I Die' on the album as well.

One more thing; 'Oh Mother Of Mine' and the B-side 'Romance Without Finance' was included on the 1999 release of Meet The Temptations on CD.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  21.1 KB
    I Like "Oh Mother of Mine" better than the 3 other Temptations cuts released on Miracle, and I like "Mind Over Matter" better than all their other Miracle and Mel-O-dy cuts. So, I'm wondering why it wasn't on their debut LP. But, then, I wonder how Richard Street could have made the mistake to not go with the group to Motown, which trumps my problems with the LP by a lot.

I'm thinking that maybe richard didn't think they would amount to much at that point.

I'm thinking that maybe richard didn't think they would amount to much at that point.
    Richard did eventually go to Motown in the early 60s but in Quality Control and then later as an artist with the Monitors.

supremester Guest
    He stole that from Groucho Marx MIRACLE PICTURES "If it's good, it's a miracle!"

It wasn't unusual for a Motown artist's first single not to be included on their first album if it wasn't a hit. Barbara McNair's "You're Gonna Love My Baby" immediately springs to mind.

144 you have to remember that only one song on[meet]was a hit,this album is great because it featured the early work of the temps,so[oh mother of mine]shoulda been on it.

144 you have to remember that only one song on[meet]was a hit,this album is great because it featured the early work of the temps,so[oh mother of mine]shoulda been on it.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  21.1 KB
    And "Mind Over Matter", too.

Robb you're preachin to the choir brother,i absolutly love[mind over matter]and it shoulda been included.

If one was to make a CD of the early album, I would definitely include Oh Mother and Mind Over Matter on it lol

Is there a video anywhere of the classic temps[david-eddie-paul-otis-melvin]in concert? It's hard to believe that one doesn't exist,i'm not talking about a tv performance but a stage performance...come on berry we know you got one or two in the vaults...we want the temps-we want the temps!!