[REMOVE ADS]

Inttroducing Darlene Love - First listen!

You can take a listen to Darlene Love's album in its entirety over at NPR. I've only heard a few tracks thus far, but I'm liking what I hear!

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/09/438930...g-darlene-love

The album is out today and I finally heard it for the first time. It is outstanding. The production is wonderful and Darlene shines!

Anyone else purchase this fantastic album? I can't believe there's been no further discussion on here.

I received a copy of it on Saturday. Darlene definitely still sounds good and the cd has some nice songs on it, but it probably won't be a cd that I listen to again and again.

Still, I hope it does well for her, and it seems they are doing some promotion. A commercial for it ran during this past Sunday's CBS SUNDAY MORNING.

My copy arrived back at home last Friday, the day of release, but I'm still in New York due to the death of a family member and haven't had a chance to play it. I'm glad to hear that you guys are giving it good reviews. I recently saw a TV commercial promoting it, which was a really pleasant surprise. Darlene will be the first CD I play upon returning home to Alabama in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-21-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Darlene performs "Who Under Heaven" a new song off her brand new album "Introducing Darlene Love" that was especially written for her by Jimmy Webb. This is from this past weekend at her sold out shows at the Whiskey a' Go Go where she did her thing with a 17 piece orchestra under the musical direction of Little Steven.

Found it hard to get into the song at first but as it went into the wonderful instrumental section,I got it.

Thank you for posting this clip. Brother-love

Hi!

Jimmy goes back to MacArthur Park.

Best regards
    Heikki

Does that guy Little Steven ever smile?

Overall very enjoyable. Well produced with heavy orchestration and vocally she still has the goods. She took us to church on the last two cuts for sure!