[REMOVE ADS]

Anyone Know the title of this album?

I recently downloaded these tracks under the title Motown Magic but I can't find a cd that matches this track list. Does anyone know what cd this might actually be?
    Ain't No Place Like Motown /The Velvelettes
    Memory Chest / Tammi Terrell
    Please Let Me IN / J.J. Barnes
    Soldier Of Love / The Four Tops
    Too Late I Learned / The Spinners
    The Beginning Of The End / Chris Clark
    Don't Tell Me I'm Crazy / Gladys Knight & The Pips
    Don't You Feel It / Stevie Wonder
    Agent 00 Soul / Earl Van Dyke
    I Have A Dream / The Funk Brothers with Martin Luther King, Jr.
    I Want To Go Back There Again / Diana Ross
    Suzie / Terry Johnson
    Just To Keep You Satisfied / The Monitors
    Never Too Late / Marv Johnson
    Dancing Machine / Jackson 5
    The Chokin Kind / Chuck Johnson
    Reflections [[Extended Stereo Mix) / Diana Ross & The Supremes
    I Can't Escape Your Memory / Edwin Starr
    Hello Love / The Majestics
    Gonna Keep On Tryin' Till I Win Your Love / G.C. Cameron
    Which Way To My Baby / Dennis Edwards
    I Feel Like I'm Falling In Love Again / The Fantastic Four
    Shoe Leather Expressway / The Vandellas [[sound like background vocals without a lead)
    It Must Be Love Baby / Chuck Jackson & Yvonne Fair
    Tear It On Down / The Originals

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  21.1 KB
    Since when have they added Ric Tic cuts that were NOT sold to Motown in the Golden World purchase [["Please Let Me In" by J.J. Barnes? Was this a Motown re-recording? If so, I'd really love to hear it!

Thom, I found this Various Artists Motown CD on Amazon [[U.S.) titled "Motown Magic". As you can see, there is no track list. Judging from the artists listed on the front cover, it would appear that this is not the CD that you're referring to, as The Marvelettes and Boyz II Men among others are listed on the cover but not in your track list. However, the sole reviewer states that the CD was issued using the wrong cover but is still a great CD, nonetheless. You might wanna give it a try. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Various-Motown...s=motown+magic

Hope this helps. - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-05-2015 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  21.1 KB
    Since when have they added Ric Tic cuts that were NOT sold to Motown in the Golden World purchase [["Please Let Me In" by J.J. Barnes? Was this a Motown re-recording? If so, I'd really love to hear it!
    The track-list seems like some sort of bootleg compilation given that some tracks are unusual. But "Please Let Me In" by JJBarnes was on the UK Tamla Motown album "Ric Tic Relics" STML11232 back in 1973 so I thought Motown owned it.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    The track-list seems like some sort of bootleg compilation given that some tracks are unusual. But "Please Let Me In" by JJBarnes was on the UK Tamla Motown album "Ric Tic Relics" STML11232 back in 1973 so I thought Motown owned it.
    Indeed it was Mysterysinger, and "Please Let Me In" even got a 45 release in The UK in 1973 on Tamla-Motown as TMG 870, though for some bizarre reason it got relegated to the "B" side of the IMHO vastly inferior "Real Humdinger" ....

Label scans etc. here .....

http://www.45cat.com/record/tmg870

Roger

Thanks Gary. I thought that might have been the cd as well but the reviewer says the cd had 18 tracks and this one has 25. The reason I downloaded the cd was because it has quite a few tracks that I don't have in my collection. Now, I'm thinking it is a bootleg someone just threw the title of Motown Magic onto. I wanted to find a corresponding cover for my mp3 player but I think I'll have to make one up myself.
    Robb, Roger & Mystersinger thanks for the info on the Ric-Tic / Motown songs. To me, the odd one out on this collection seems to be Shoe Leather Expressway by the Vandellas. It sounds as if Martha just never recorded a lead vocal and it's just the backgrounds - and I am not familiar with the title at all.
    Funny what you find when you do searches for "Motown".

"Shoe Leather Expressway" was a track on Martha Reeves & The Vandellas "Sugar 'n' Spice" album.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    "Shoe Leather Expressway" was a track on Martha Reeves & The Vandellas "Sugar 'n' Spice" album.
    And then I am abit embarrassed as that is one of the Martha & The Vandellas albums I do not own. Now, I'll have to listen to it so I can hear the song with a lead vocal!!!

The Marv Johnson track "Never Too Late" is a new one to me.The Funk Bros sides are likely to be band tracks minus the lead vocals.

This song is what we know as "S.O.S. Girl In Distress". It could also be called "I Know Baby"
    Which is correct?

Hi thommg, would you please attach the download link. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Thanks Gary. ........... To me, the odd one out on this collection seems to be Shoe Leather Expressway by the Vandellas. It sounds as if Martha just never recorded a lead vocal and it's just the backgrounds - and I am not familiar with the title at all.
    Funny what you find when you do searches for "Motown".
    Or it might be the background for Blinky's unreleased version.....
    Perhaps Blinky's version uses Martha's background track..
    Mr. Hughes, any info on this???

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Hi thommg, would you please attach the download link. Thanks
    Copley, send me a private message with your e-mail address, please.

And I went with a simple cover:
    Name:  motown-blue.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  37.0 KB

Message sent