[REMOVE ADS]

Heard Another New Song Tonight

You guys know me.........I am the one that goes out to dinner, hears something I don't know over the sound system, and then expects you guys to tell me what I heard! So you will be so proud of me this time!

This time we were able to hear better, and we each remembered enough about it to be able to research it when we got home. It was Paloma Faith's "Can't Rely on You." Very nice track!

What is her story and the story of this song? Is she new or been around a while? Was this song a hit in the US, UK, or both?

If you have a smart phone you should get the free Shazam app. You simply start it and it identifies a song/artist that is playing.

Even out in public like that? If so, what will they think of next?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    You guys know me.........I am the one that goes out to dinner, hears something I don't know over the sound system, and then expects you guys to tell me what I heard! So you will be so proud of me this time!

This time we were able to hear better, and we each remembered enough about it to be able to research it when we got home. It was Paloma Faith's "Can't Rely on You." Very nice track!

What is her story and the story of this song? Is she new or been around a while? Was this song a hit in the US, UK, or both?
    Paloma Faith is huge here in the UK. She has released 3 albums thus far and has achieved great success with them all. She is a weird, quirky character. She reminds me a little of Cyndi Lauper visually, but vocally she is much more in the Amy Winehouse/Adele mould and is classed as a soul star by much of the UK press. I rate her very highly and if you like what you have heard so far I would recommend you to investigate further. I'm sure you will not be disappointed.