[REMOVE ADS]

Cool New CD Release - "INTRODUCING DARLENE LOVE"!!!

Darlene Love has a brand new CD of all new recordings which will hit the streets on Friday, September 18. See the details and track listing in the enclosed link below. This is great news, indeed! Available for pre-order now on Amazon [[U.S.).

http://www.amazon.com/Introducing-Da...60_SR160%2C160_
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 08-29-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Terrible cover art; "Forbidden Nights" is a major snooze. Best of luck to Ms. Love on this.

Seems like a strange title for someone who's been in the business for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Seems like a strange title for someone who's been in the business for so long.
    Yeah, 144man, I thought that was an odd title, too. I'm guessing that after being in the business of singing back-up for more than 50 years, and after the success of "20 Feet From Stardom", they're implying that it's high time that the world be introduced to Darlene Love -- the solo singer [[although it doesn't make a lot of sense considering her solo career with Phil Spector and others afterward).

The new CD is produced by Stevie Van Zandt -- the same guy who wrote and produced Darlene's "All Alone On Christmas" -- a great Phil Spector-sounding track for the "Home Alone In New York" movie. I have no idea what to expect from Darlene's new CD, but I'm hoping there will be at least one track worthy of a Wall Of Sound-ish production.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-02-2015 at 03:34 AM.

I agree. Love Darlene but 'Forbidden Nights' and the artwork are bloody awful! Pity.

I just checked out Darlene's "Forbidden Nights" on YouTube, expecting the worst based on what some are saying, but I was pleasantly surprised -- I loved it! And I liked the video, too. Darlene looks and sounds great, and the track is super-Spector-esque, just as I had hoped! I think it might be better, though, if the tempo were just a bit faster. I'm curious -- where did y'all hear it? Is it getting airplay?
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-02-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Well, I'll give you guys the bad cover art, but I really enjoy Forbidden Nights. The song makes me look forward to the rest of the cd. Nice to hear new music from Ms. Love.

Best of all, this is coming out on vinyl!!!!!!!

I'm hoping "Forbidden Nights" will grow on me because I like everything else about the track. Great singing, good arrangement, but not the strongest melody Elvis Costello has written.

Darlene Love is going to be in Clermont, Fl. at a new community arts center and the tickets are $89.00!! I'm not paying that, I just saw her a year ago for a fourth of that price.The new LP sounds pretty good to me esp. for $11.98 on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I just checked out Darlene's "Forbidden Nights" on YouTube, expecting the worst based on what some are saying, but I was pleasantly surprised -- I loved it! And I liked the video, too. Darlene looks and sounds great, and the track is super-Spector-esque, just as I had hoped! I think it might be better, though, if the tempo were just a bit faster. I'm curious -- where did y'all hear it? Is it getting airplay?
    I found it on YouTube after Roger Freidman made mention of it on his blog Showbiz411. I have not heard any airplay, though I would imagine Steve VanZant plays it on his SiriusXM program - Ms. Love is headlining a "release" concert at the Paramount in Asbury Park [[great venue) with VanZant - tickets are an absurd $97 - $247 - it will probably be a good sell though what with Ms. Love's following, Steve VanZant's following, and the rabid Springsteen crowd who will be there hoping for a guest/surprise appearance - Bruce wrote some songs on the album.
    Last edited by RobertZ; 09-02-2015 at 03:50 PM.

She sold out the Whiskey a' Go Go where she'll be on September 18th in West Hollywood. Steven will be playing for her with other special surprise guests.

Totally agree with 144man;very happy for Darlene. What label is it on?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Totally agree with 144man;very happy for Darlene. What label is it on?
    Darlene is back on Columbia.

Wow! Thanks Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Wow! Thanks Gary.
    You're very welcome, Luke!