[REMOVE ADS]

Isley brothers box set released

Although the box set only covers their RCA and T-Neck albums, the article which appeared on Philly.com mentions a performance with Martha and the Vandellas and mentions This Old Heart of Mine.

http://www.philly.com/philly/enterta...g_box_set.html

I'm not going to get the box, but I can download the albums and individual tracks in CD quality or hi-rez from 7-digital or Pono. I'm digging the "Baby" Cortez tracks.

The T-Neck catalog is most appealing. I have most albums through "Winner Takes All", but, I bought the first generation of CDs and if the remastering is top notch.....it's tempting. I can seem to find a complete track listing so if anyone has one....it would be great to see.

http://theseconddisc.com/2015/05/21/...23-cd-box-set/

I got it from Amazon UK for 40 UK pounds but the price went up quickly after the first announcement!

Not much in the way of unreleased stuff to justify the hefty price tag in my opinion. I love the Isleys but I don't think I will be bothering unless one of you good people insist it is a must buy in which case I may reconsider.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Not much in the way of unreleased stuff to justify the hefty price tag in my opinion. I love the Isleys but I don't think I will be bothering unless one of you good people insist it is a must buy in which case I may reconsider.........
    Better sound and single versions are the reason I would buy it [[them). Again, if you download the lossless or hi-rez versions, you can pick and choose what you want, and are not tied to having to buy the whole box.
    Last edited by soulster; 08-28-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Better sound and single versions are the reason I would buy it [[them). Again, if you download the lossless or hi-rez versions, you can pick and choose what you want, and are not tied to having to buy the whole box.
    Thanks for that. I shall give it some careful thought.

I received my Isley Brothers Box Set on Friday afternoon and right off the bat, was impressed with the look of this 23 disc set. Each recording is presented in a cardboard miniature version of the original release complete with liner notes and gatefold covers where applicable. Great booklet as well. Of course it's all about the music and I have just finished listening to the 12 track, previously unreleased "Wild In Woodstock" tracks albeit re-recorded versions of previously recorded tracks, but interestingly re-arranged, clocks in at almost 70 minutes. Apart from the very early recordings, "Shout!" and "In The Beginning...The Isley Brothers & Jimi Hendrix" which some fans may not have a copy of, I'm happy to have all their T-Neck recordings collected together. Hope this helps some fence sitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    I received my Isley Brothers Box Set on Friday afternoon and right off the bat, was impressed with the look of this 23 disc set. Each recording is presented in a cardboard miniature version of the original release complete with liner notes and gatefold covers where applicable. Great booklet as well. Of course it's all about the music and I have just finished listening to the 12 track, previously unreleased "Wild In Woodstock" tracks albeit re-recorded versions of previously recorded tracks, but interestingly re-arranged, clocks in at almost 70 minutes. Apart from the very early recordings, "Shout!" and "In The Beginning...The Isley Brothers & Jimi Hendrix" which some fans may not have a copy of, I'm happy to have all their T-Neck recordings collected together. Hope this helps some fence sitters.
    I am currently sat on that fence. It certainly sounds very appealing but i am still not quite convinced enough to shell out that amount of cash quite yet.