[REMOVE ADS]

What a great pooch! Thanks, Blueskies. Beautiful posting.

I bet as soon as the cameras stopped rolling that rott ate that rodent,hehehehe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I bet as soon as the cameras stopped rolling that rott ate that rodent,hehehehe!!!
    Naaah....they're generally big sweeties unless trained to do otherwise. I've owned, trained and raised them for years. The breed's not for everyone, though. They can be wonderful family dogs. But, you have to have patience, lots of training and the strength to handle them. I'm more fearful of a couple of 10 year old kids in the neighborhood! Now, that's another topic!

Majestic video, Blueskies. Just like the Rottweiler itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Majestic video, Blueskies. Just like the Rottweiler itself.
    Indeed, Methuselah....that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post

I know that's right! hehehehehehe.........

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Naaah....they're generally big sweeties unless trained to do otherwise. I've owned, trained and raised them for years. The breed's not for everyone, though. They can be wonderful family dogs. But, you have to have patience, lots of training and the strength to handle them. I'm more fearful of a couple of 10 year old kids in the neighborhood! Now, that's another topic!
    As often as I've heard people say things like that, no offense intended, I will NEVER trust the
    contact of rotts or pit bulls. I cross the street when I see people walking them and will not allow them in my residence. Those dogs have a reputation that makes the news all across the country every year. They've snapped without being provoked, killed children and even
    their owners. Tell me I'm lying. I've known personally a woman whose boyfriend's dog mauled her daughter, 3 or 4 at the time, to death...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    As often as I've heard people say things like that, no offense intended, I will NEVER trust the
    contact of rotts or pit bulls. I cross the street when I see people walking them and will not allow them in my residence. Those dogs have a reputation that makes the news all across the country every year. They've snapped without being provoked, killed children and even
    their owners. Tell me I'm lying. I've known personally a woman whose boyfriend's dog mauled her daughter, 3 or 4 at the time, to death...
    I was waiting for this one. Good owners make good dogs. Dogs are like people...do you trust ALL people? If you're in your right mind, I'd hope not. Training, patience and love make a big difference. I used to work ER and I can't tell you how many children I saw beaten, starved, burned, raped and neglected by their parents. Does that make all parents BAD? Of course not. I just read in the local paper today of yet another father shaking his 5 month old daughter so severely that she is blind and has significant brain damage. So, let's not make sweeping statement about Rottweiler's. They're not all like what you describe, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I was waiting for this one. Good owners make good dogs. Dogs are like people...do you trust ALL people? If you're in your right mind, I'd hope not. Training, patience and love make a big difference. I used to work ER and I can't tell you how many children I saw beaten, starved, burned, raped and neglected by their parents. Does that make all parents BAD? Of course not. I just read in the local paper today of yet another father shaking his 5 month old daughter so severely that she is blind and has significant brain damage. So, let's not make sweeping statement about Rottweiler's. They're not all like what you describe, believe me.
    I could never be mistaken for someone who trusts everyone. Trust me on that. And I'm fully
    aware of the kinds of abuse some parents inflict on their children even as they claim to love
    them. The thing is I cannot tell the difference between the dog who is going to rip my throat
    out and the one who's just playful because they look and behave alike in their day to day.
    I can communicate with a person through words or gestures even if they speak a different
    language but I don't speak dog. It's barks could be just hello or it could be saying "I'm about
    to mess you up". I can't tell on meeting him [[or her) that he's being loved . I just know what
    he's physically capable of. Of course I know not all of them are bad. I simply choose not to
    place myself at risk trying to find the cuddly pups. I have a guy in my neighborhood who
    has three pit bulls who a number of people have seen him beat on the street. He's creating
    a time bomb and I'd hate to be the person[[s) around when it explodes...Just as I know all
    cops are not bad, I take heed anytime one approaches me...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post

Splanky one [[pitbull) tried to attack my brother Robert who was just standing by his car talking to me. Another time one tried attacking me by coming to my car door and daring me to get out. I drove off and he chased my car for 2 blocks!!!

They are illegal in Denver , Colorado .

I don't know about those sweet and gentle rotts,but in da hood those mutts are trained to kill...you want sweet..get a poodle...heck i saw a rott jack a dudes car and growl as he drove off!!!