Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
My neighborhood was integrated. My elementary/Jr. High was 60% white, 40% black when I started and became about 70% black and 30% white by the time I graduated from Jr. High. My High School was 98% black. My college was 99.9% white. Through all of that I never had any real problems except one asshole [[who happened to be black) spit on my new sneakers during Freshman basketball practice in high school.
Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  21.1 KB
My first high school, in West Kildonan, Manitoba, was 100% Caucasian. My second, in South Chicago, was about 50% Caucasian, and 50% African American [[or whatever people in North America, whose forbears came from Africa to North America in the 16th through 19th Century, want to be called). My third high School, in Homewood, Illinois, was about 90% Caucasian, and 10% African American.

I enjoyed my inner-city high school in Chicago best. The students there were almost all middle class, with a few poor kids. My las high school, in the Chicago suburbs, had a lot of rich kids, who wouldn't associate with us poorer kids. I enjoyed my first high school, too, as I was a hockey player. My schools in Illinois didn't have hockey teams.