[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Remember when?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I remember school lunches when we all got hyped to find out that the entree of the day was mystery meat pizza. The other hot item at my high school was a burger [[mostly soy, I think) in a bun slathered in beef gravy with grated onions and a pickle on top.
    I remember the "mosqsuito" truck [[the fogger), that came through the neighborhood billowing out huge clouds of smoke [[pesticides) to kill them and all the children running around in the thick cloud of smoke!

And how many of you remember THIS?

Quote Originally Posted by GrtGzu View Post

Oh Gawd yes!LOL! That and the playing of the national anthem just before sign-off at night.

Quote Originally Posted by GrtGzu View Post

I remember something close to it.

It was always an eerie feeling when all of the stations signed off at around 1:00 AM on weeknights. It was like the world disappeared, and was a subtle reminder that I should be in bed!

On weekends and holidays, though, we were allowed to stay up all night, and by that time, we had cable, and had access to the major California indie stations like KTTV, KHJ, and KTLA, and some other station from Oakland. I got into liking old B&W films from the 40s, and those endless Cal Worthington and his dog Spot commercials.

Having KTTV in the early 70s allowed us to see Soul Train every Saturday afternoon right from the KTTV studios. I later found out that most of the rest of the country didn't have it so good when it came to Soul Train. They either didn't show it, or, if they did, they buried it at 1 AM.
    Last edited by soulster; 09-17-2015 at 09:57 AM.