[REMOVE ADS]

America...the hipocritical!!

We talk about peace this and peace that in this country, but let's face it America, we are a very violent country bred on violence, if we go to the movie it ain't because we want to see flowers growing we want to see something get blown up or someone, are the majority of us gonna watch[CNN] or[Worldwide Wrestling]it's in our DNA, why do we love[Football]because it's violent but some of us get all bent out of shape if we're called on it, no I don't mean each individual but as a whole no I'm not angry but this is something that I had to say and you know it's true!!

Having trouble with the missus again, my friend?

Okay, just kidding with that last post. But it's no coincidence that we are simultaneously the world's leading alleged peacekeepers but also the largest exporter of firearms, munitions, and weapons of war. Hell, ISIL is shooting at us with our own guns. Never let peace come before profit.

We're living in a country that somehow has twisted the second amendment to allow anyone to possess a firearm that wants one, yet will go to great lengths to make sure that certain classes of people [[non-white, non-Republican) have a difficult time registering to vote. There have been less than a thousand documented cases of voter fraud since 2000 but tens of thousands of murders each year. Of course we're hypocritical.

I could write an essay on how hypocritical we are but I'm not going to; it would only ruin my day. Instead, I ask you to watch Fox News for two hours, take notes, and then do some fact checking on them. You'll find out what hypocrisy is.

Nothing more I can add. You two nailed it! And, I suspect a lot of people flocking to see the new N.W.A. bio are looking to see the violence.

The police showed up at a lot of theaters, expecting it to incite violence by of course, it did not have an incident anywhere. [[Like Black people have a history of shooting up movie theaters.) They need to focus on profiling the people who are doing the mass shootings and leave us alone. Oh, wait... More hypocrisy, right?

Without a doubt. Just look at the GOP candidates online sites under issues - gun support always higher on the list than most real issues with NO mention of the epidemic of gun violence. And not a whisper about police brutality. There is a bit of talk [[I guess more at state level) about profiling the mental-health / gun availability problem - I guess it's a start?

They said that after Sandy Hook. And Virginia Tech. And Colorado Springs. Starting to see the theme? I argued with a co-worker after the Sandy Hook massacre. He supports gun rights unapologetically, even suggesting that he eagerly awaits the day that Obama tries to take away his assault rifle do he could deliver righteous fury. But he was deeply troubled by the killings.

I suggested that his concern over children succumbing to him fire was limited to those who are already dead as opposed to the next ones who will be dying. After all, a simple few fixes can reduce the likelihood of it happening [[at the slight inconvenience of gun appropriation). He smiled a dark smile and told me I was 100% right. So here was a Christian man [[by his professing it) who cared more about getting his hands on guns than the hundreds of kids who die each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    They said that after Sandy Hook. And Virginia Tech. And Colorado Springs. Starting to see the theme? I argued with a co-worker after the Sandy Hook massacre. He supports gun rights unapologetically, even suggesting that he eagerly awaits the day that Obama tries to take away his assault rifle do he could deliver righteous fury. But he was deeply troubled by the killings.

I suggested that his concern over children succumbing to him fire was limited to those who are already dead as opposed to the next ones who will be dying. After all, a simple few fixes can reduce the likelihood of it happening [[at the slight inconvenience of gun appropriation). He smiled a dark smile and told me I was 100% right. So here was a Christian man [[by his professing it) who cared more about getting his hands on guns than the hundreds of kids who die each year.
    Your last sentence sums the situation up perfectly. I guess I am, too, a part of the problem because I simply can't see any sense to that guy's point of view in the same way that he can't see mine -

HEY JERRY,AT ONE TIME I DIDN'T THINK THAT A BLACKMAN WOULD BE A SNIPER[well we know how that turned out]SO THAT THING ABOUT SHOOTING UP A MOVIE THEATRE..[I hope not]

The FBI lost precious time in the John Muhammad case because of their reliance on profiles. They had him pegged as a white male middle-aged loner. They put extra police on hand for an NWA movie but won't do it for gangster movies or slasher films as if Black people are influenced to violence by films even though there is zero precedent for this opinion.

In fact, the few cases of movie theater shootings had nothing to do with what's showing in the screen, but with the twisted desires of madmen who could just as soon done the same thing at the beach. The show of force has less to do with the film being shown inviting violence than it did with letting us know that they are watching.

All they did was reinforce the theme of the movie about a group that rose to fame by protestations about unfair treatment by the police and systemic injustice.