[REMOVE ADS]

Amazing Grace - The Documentary

The Amazing Grace documentary is scheduled to debut at the Toronto International Film Festival. Details and a video clip can be found at the link below. The truth is coming to the light although we've seen clips over the years. The film is more than 40 years past due, even considering that it pre-dates VHS use by consumers.

http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...ival/31537827/

I'd like to see it. Roger Freidman has been writing about the film's premier. Apparently Aretha Franklin has fought [[and still fights) the film's release but due to copyrights or some-such she is unable to block it any longer.

Lol what is Aretha afraid of? People have to see what was going on to bring in that perfectionism. Maybe that's why she can't fight it anymore: perfectionists always try to control whatever happens around them [[Prince, Stevie and MJ are just more examples of this). Others are more likely to show people what was going on behind the scenes. Aretha was unstoppable during that period, 1967-1973 was her "genius" period.

I am very eager to see it. I wish Aretha could be OK with it. I

Guy and Midnightman, as we know Ms. Franklin is a control freak in the extreme. She's a genius and it's her right. I think sometimes her decisions are based more on $ than ... sense. "Aretha's Records" were supposed to release the last 4 Atlantic albums years ago now - that never happened, either. So who knows what her actual "Issue" is with the film. But as a purchaser of the original LP, I also want to see this historic film.

Aretha always struck me as narcissistic. Look at her reaction to David Ritz's book. Remember when she said she was gonna sue for the book's release? Lol she can't because the truth hurts. And the truth wasn't even that bad. Least that book ends some disturbing myths surrounding Aretha and her family [[her father's still low down but that's another story). She should let it go. She'll be embraced even more so with this film.