[REMOVE ADS]

I've never been to me-the temptations

A very powerful performance from the temps,dennis is all business on this one a nice message.

I remember seeing them sing this on television. Dennis did a great job, but the lyrics I never really cared for.

It was more suited to a female performer but one cannot argue with the quality of the vocals.

R & B,
    Always liked the story told in the lyrics, great stuff!!

S.S.

First love this when it was performed by Charlene but then Nancy Wilson did and I have never heard anyone else sing it better. Dennis does a good job but Nancy takes it home.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    First love this when it was performed by Charlene but then Nancy Wilson did and I have never heard anyone else sing it better. Dennis does a good job but Nancy takes it home.
    Randy Crawford also recorded a mean version of it.

I love nancy,but the temps version does it for me.

The Tempts were my introduction to this choon; always loved their take. Charlene's is...nice. But Nancy grabs it by the throat. I was listening to her version on the subway this weekend and swooning. Would love to hear Randy's; she's another who could sing the ingredients off of a Cheez-It box and make it work.

Nancy Wilson's version is slightly spoilt for me when she sings "moved like Barlow in Monte Carlo" instead "[Jean] Harlow".

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Nancy Wilson's version is slightly spoilt for me when she sings "moved like Barlow in Monte Carlo" instead "[Jean] Harlow".
    Aha! That never registered with me. I'll have to listen for it.

Good point 144man. Much as I adore Nancy I was never especially taken with her version and I hear what you are saying!

lol sorry Nancy's first .....................hey lady to her final ..............................hmm.... is just incomparable. it just seems fitting for a mature woman trying to educate a novice.

BUMP: On listening to Nancy's version again this morning, I distinctly heard her sing, "Moved like Bardot through Monte Carlo," which, though not in the original lyrics, makes a lot more sense. This has been troubling me since Nancy's always been such an intelligent song stylist; I didn't think she'd randomly sing "Barlow." Give it another listen and sound off when you do.
    Last edited by sansradio; 09-29-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    BUMP: On listening to Nancy's version again this morning, I distinctly heard her sing, "Moved like Bardot through Monte Carlo," which, though not in the original lyrics, makes a lot more sense. This has been troubling me since Nancy's always been such an intelligent song stylist; I didn't think she'd randomly sing "Barlow." Give it another listen and sound off when you do.
    I pulled out my vinyl copy and also listened again to the version on YouTube and am now unsure what she sings. "Barlow" rhymes, "Bardot " makes more sense, but the pronunciation is too indistinct to tell.

While I was on YouTube, I listened to the Randy Crawford version for the first time. I liked it a lot.

I pulled out my vinyl copy and also listened again to the version on YouTube and am now unsure what she sings. "Barlow" rhymes, "Bardot " makes more sense, but the pronunciation is too indistinct to tell.

While I was on YouTube, I listened to the Randy Crawford version for the first time. I liked it a lot.
    I think I prefer Randy's version to anyone elses. She puts so much warmth and emotion into her singing in a way that few other performers are capable off. She reminds me of Gladys knight in that respect. A class act just as Nancy is of course.