[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Georgia Dobbins

Georgia Dobbins

Would it be correct to assume she has done quite well with the royalties from Please Mr. Postman and considering the Beatles and Carpenters recorded it? I realize there were three other writers but Brenda Holloway has said she makes 5 figures a year from You've Made me so very happy.

I think so... unless she sold her rights, I doubt it but who knows? The music business is very cutthroat. Brenda is living well after winning that lawsuit five decades ago against Motown.

I've always wondered if Georgia Dobbins has ever really been considered a Marvelette? I know she was part of the formation of the group when it was called the Casinyets / the Marvels, but we know Wanda Young replaced her by the time the group recorded "Please Mr. Postman." Did she ever sign to Motown as a Marvelette?

^ No, her father wouldn't allow her to sign the contract.