[REMOVE ADS]

Let Me Know [[At Your Best) - Aaliyah

Gorgeous version of this song- sung by Aaliyah.

Last edited by skooldem1; 08-08-2015 at 10:35 AM.

This is a funny coincidence for me because this morning I was listening to and watching 80's
    and 90's music on youtube, including Aaliyah and a lot of TLC. The wild hair that got up my
    butt was female singers who died very young. I am presently waiting to get the biopic
    made of Aaliyah's life on DVD.Can't remember who plays her right now....Anyway, until I
    heard this song way back when I considered her to be overated. I wasn't sold by rappers
    hyping any singer because most of them couldn't hear a bad not if it was blasted into their
    ears with a megaphone. She's learned to sing by now but Mary J Blige used to hurt me
    with some of her "vocals". Aaliyah's cover of The Isley Bros At Your Best [[You Are Love)
    changed my mind about her. No, I didn't run out and buy all of her records but I enjoyed hearing her on the radio then almost before I knew 2 tragedies struck her life. R Kelly was
    the first. The second the crash that took her life. Like crazy sexy cool Left Eye aka Lisa Lopes
    I won't forget her...And TLC 's music is still the sh*t!.....

I must admit to never being a fan of Aaliyah and whilst i was very saddened by her tragic early passing dare i say i thought she had at best [[no pun intended) a very average voice.
    This however was probably her finest moment though nowhere near as good as the Isleys.
    There were a few nice remixes too as i recall.

I remember R&B radio playing this version in heavy rotation while TV [[and probably urban radio) playing the remixed version. I prefer the original R&B version obviously. I was duped to think Aaliyah was 18 when she released AANBAN but after the R. Kelly scandal, my mind was blown...and sad for what happened to her. May she RIP.

I was a big fan of Aaliyah. I still think her "One In A Million" CD is one of the best of the 90s. The tragedy of her death was that it came just as she was ascending out of the R&B/Hip-hop arena into the major leagues. At 21, she was beautiful and poised, and could have matured into a great artist and actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I was a big fan of Aaliyah. I still think her "One In A Million" CD is one of the best of the 90s. The tragedy of her death was that it came just as she was ascending out of the R&B/Hip-hop arena into the major leagues. At 21, she was beautiful and poised, and could have matured into a great artist and actress.
    Maybe so Guy. It is impossible to say how she may have developed as an artist but I'm afraid I never heard anything from her that made her stand out in a very crowded market.
    Perhaps that is my loss and I respect your right to disagree.