[REMOVE ADS]

Tell me what you want-softones and firstclass

Who remembers this little gem from two veryunderrated groups back in[1979]? Great disco beat.

Arr&bee - That one got by me but I just listened to it on YouTube and liked it a lot. Thanks for pointing it out.

[[I think I missed it when it was released because I couldn't get enough of Jackie Moore's THIS TIME BABY at the time. And still can't!)

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Who remembers this little gem from two veryunderrated groups back in[1979]? Great disco beat.
    Not me for certain arr&bee, but I couldn't resist looking it up on youtube to see if it was the same song that JIMMY RUFFIN had a hit with around 1974/5 ... guess what IT IS!!

Roger

Thanks roger[the knowlegde here is unsurpassed]i never knew that jimmy recorded it first.

That makes two of us, Jai, but then I remember the Softones did do other covers. I liked their
    cover of The Ohio Players Silly Billy though I admit it comes nowhere near Junie Morrison's
    symphonic original...That mofo had talent to burn...

Cool. The softones were a very good group in the tradition of the[chi-lites]only without the backing or songwriting.

This is the JIMMY RUFFIN version ...

It was a #39 "Pop" hit in the U.K. at the end of 1974 and a #42 R&B hit in The U.S. when released on Chess a month or two later after attracting a lot of interest on the "Disco Scene" in NYC etc.

Roger

Thanks roger,very cool.