[REMOVE ADS]

Any News/Expanded Editions

Wasn't there supposed to be more expanded editions coming this year?

My waist expanded. Does that count?
    I've heard nothing yet.

That's what I thought we heard at the end of last year. But nothing so far? I know they don't want to give us physical cds anymore so what is the hold up for digital releases? I thought we would be getting them more frequent since they were going download only!

Straight re-issues of classic Motown albums mastered for iTunes [[no bonus tracks, no downloadable booklets with great essays, photos, annotations) are what appears to be the current thinking by those in charge.
    Perhaps the download only expanded editions sold even less units than the previous cd editions had...
    Until we hear something official, that is my interpretation of the situation, right or wrong though it may be.

Even though we are the main purchasers of these releases we are the last to receive any info on whats going on....when was the last time Harry posted anything on here?.

The way it sounded late last year was the The Supremes "A Go Go" was being worked on or already done. I can't see what the hold up would be if it is a digital only release. Wouldn't you loose money by not releasing it?

alanbill1074 Guest
    The wheels at Universal seem to turn slower and slower each year. No doubt due to lots of extra layers of red tape that people keep inventing. If anyone was left there with real passion for the programme [[not Andy I add but he's not in a particular position of authority) who had some power, the stuff would be washing through much faster.

I just want the expanded Ross '78 now to finish off that series. After that I'm switching off because I'm frankly bored witless waiting for the stuff.

I've said it once and i'll say it again...

I haven't bought any of these digital only releases. I lost interest once I realised there would be no 'Baby It's Me' to add to the previous wonderful series.

I was SO looking forward to 'A GoGo', but as long as they are digital only, I simply won't buy.

Let's hope a deal can be made with ACE to pick up on these in future.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post

I haven't bought any of these digital only releases. I lost interest once I realised there would be no 'Baby It's Me' to add to the previous wonderful series.
    I couldn't have put it better myself. Ace appear to be the likely Company to take up the m
    I was SO looking forward to 'A GoGo', but as long as they are digital only, I simply won't buy.

I couldn't have put it better myself. I quite simply refuse to buy these digital releases.
    Ace appear to be the only Company likely to take on physical releases. I did hear a rumour they were in talks with Universal but I am not sure how true that is. We can only keep our fingers crossed.

I have to echo the 2 previous posts - digital only releases/downloads have no place in my collection and I wouldn't buy them. That's my choice but there are others who do buy them - that's fine too. Wonder if there'll ever be a collector's market for these digital releases - or will they be available indefinitely?

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post

I totally agree with the above post.

I bought the digital download of Funny Girl Expanded Edition because it interested me and because I've had an iTunes Gift Card hanging around for more than 5 years.

Although I still have a balance on that card, I did not buy the digital download of Baby It's Me Expanded Edition. It didn't appeal to me and I already have the original CD. If the Expanded Edition had been released on CD I would have purchased it right away despite whether it appealed to me or not. I like a physical CD and especially the booklets.

I also would have liked a CD release of the stereo version of CW&P [[I have the mono CD). I guess I'll just have to burn my stereo vinyl LP onto CD-R.

I've read posts that explain how to manage digital downloads on computers and devices. It's all so confusing and complicated, at least to me. I want my music on CD or vinyl that I can enjoy without having to turn on my computer or an electronic device other than CD or record players. I want my music stored in my home not somewhere out there.

My new iPhone included a U2 album as part of the deal. I don't want that. So I have to go to my computer to delete it from my iPhone, I'm told. Maybe one day I'll get around to doing that. Thanks, Apple & Bono - sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I have to echo the 2 previous posts - digital only releases/downloads have no place in my collection and I wouldn't buy them. That's my choice but there are others who do buy them - that's fine too. Wonder if there'll ever be a collector's market for these digital releases - or will they be available indefinitely?
    Digital downloads tend not to have very long shelf life; I've had a couple downloads disappear from iTunes before I could buy them.

I suspect that cd's will phase out just like 8 tracks or cassettes. Like it or not. It is inevitable. With that said, wasn't the digital release of either BIM or funny girl very successful, and a sign of what is to come regarding future releases.

I hate digital releases too. However I did buy "Funny Girl" and "BIM". They came with digital booklets that I took to Office Max and they printed them for me to fit a CD case. I burned the audio to cd and love them very much. Love the alternate tracks to BIM and the unreleased bonus tracks. I would still buy these if they were to come out on CD. I was really upset when they were first released as digital only. But couldn't resist the beautiful work that Andy, George, and Harry have done.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 08-10-2015 at 02:03 PM.