[REMOVE ADS]

Have You Heard the New Song called MARVIN GAYE ?

This was featured on THE TODAY SHOW this morning.

That is both the most blatant exploitation of a previous artist's popularity and the slickest
    guarantee to pop success I've seen in a very long time. No samples of Marvin's recordings
    are used but the kid clearly references his tunes lyrically. Robin Thicke probably never would
    of thought of that. Another thing I find funny here is that Marvin Gaye's name is used as a verb
    for having sex. I wonder what Jan Gaye would make of that.......Too much...

^ Go to her Twitter, she LOVES it lmao

It's on the A list on radio 2 here in the UK. It's a grower but I will not be purchasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ Go to her Twitter, she LOVES it lmao
    I don't do twitter, instagram or facebook but I'm not at all surprised considering all the
    things she said in her recent memoirs which I highly recommend by the way. Didn't really
    think I'd want to read another book about Marvin Gaye.Boy, was I wrong!...

^ Yeah I'm hearing some great things about the book... it's interesting how her early history turned out, you can easily see why she got with Marvin so early.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    That is both the most blatant exploitation of a previous artist's popularity and the slickest
    guarantee to pop success I've seen in a very long time. No samples of Marvin's recordings
    are used but the kid clearly references his tunes lyrically. Robin Thicke probably never would
    of thought of that. Another thing I find funny here is that Marvin Gaye's name is used as a verb
    for having sex. I wonder what Jan Gaye would make of that.......Too much...
    It's a good track for what it is and anything that legally spreads the word about MG has to be a good thing

I say the best of luck to Charlie Puth, the guy has worked his butt off, not the easy way with a record company behind him, but hard work on the net and YouTube, built up a following most signed artists to major companies would do anything to have! Over time plenty of names. places have been used in songs, and it will happen loads more times. It's a catchy radio friendly song, not everyone's cup of tea, but then that is life.