[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson - "Coming Out of The Dark/Love Child" [[LIVE!)

In 1999 Mary Wilson celebrated The 40th Anniversary of The Supremes with a National Concert Tour. This clip if from when the tour came to Syracuse, NY. This is the opening number.

Love it,Thanks Marv for postin this,Mary Wilson is on point,the background singer sound good too.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Love it,Thanks Marv for postin this,Mary Wilson is on point,the background singer sound good too.

You are most welcome. You should see them do this in a theater in round setting.....very dramatic!

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    You gotta love Mary. What a supreme lady she is. Beautiful and graceful. Another great post Marv. You are on a roll my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You gotta love Mary. What a supreme lady she is. Beautiful and graceful. Another great post Marv. You are on a roll my friend!
    You are very welcome Bluebrock.

Amen to that! Thanks marv.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Amen to that! Thanks marv.

You are most welcome Luke! I love how she merges those two totally different songs

supremester Guest
    This is great - I never saw this act and am very impressed with the staging and arrangement of Love Child. Mary is great - is there more of this show on Youtube?

Yes. Very dramatic entrance from the back of the theater when I saw her do it. The crowd went wild!

I saw Mary do this. It was at an outside amphitheater, but, it really worked and was stunning. It looks like the two backup singers I saw at the time, also. Does anyone know who they were?

Yes. Very dramatic entrance from the back of the theater when I saw her do it. The crowd went wild!
    When they did this at Westbury, you could hear a pin drop when they made their entrance. The audience was spellbound.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I saw Mary do this. It was at an outside amphitheater, but, it really worked and was stunning. It looks like the two backup singers I saw at the time, also. Does anyone know who they were?
    For that tour they were Iris Parker, Karen Newman and Parnell Damone.

Yes same when I saw her...soooo elegant and dramatic. They loved it at the end.

Yes same when I saw her...soooo elegant and dramatic. They loved it at the end.
    Keep in mind that this was a year before that other tour by that other Supreme was to launch. It is clear that Mary Wilson puts a lot into the preparing and staging of her shows and then to be told that all she had to do was show up really must have touched a raw nerve with her.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    For that tour they were Iris Parker, Karen Newman and Parnell Damone.
    Thanks, Marv. That performance I saw was dazzling, to say the least. Mary brought the house down!

You got that right Marv. I saw her the summer of 2000 when that other tour was happening. Mary was at the top of her game and even spoke positively of the other one when a number of people in the audience made known their displeasure of the other Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Thanks, Marv. That performance I saw was dazzling, to say the least. Mary brought the house down!
    You are welcome. I've seen her do this opening a couple of times. One night I was sitting with her then manager Richard and as Mary came down the ramp, she came over and kissed me on the lips........in front of everyone! LOL!!!!

You got that right Marv. I saw her the summer of 2000 when that other tour was happening. Mary was at the top of her game and even spoke positively of the other one when a number of people in the audience made known their displeasure of the other Supreme.
    She did that at B.B. Kings too that summer. On Long Island at her show that summer she was overwhelmed with well wishers.

Yep. Saw at her at BBs.

Yep. Saw at her at BBs.
    Were you there the night Luther Vandross was in the audience?